Sunday, February 28, 2010

Orlando

This past weekend we tagged along with Tyler on one of his work trips to Orlando. I didn't take a ton of pictures while we were there because honestly Owen and I did nothing but sit in the pool, eat and hang out on a porch swing that was at the hotel. I did try to snap a few shots by myself of the two of us and ended up with these:
















While I was attempting to get another one of us on my own, I did have someone stop and ask if she could take our picture and we got this:















Not too shabby... I love when people stop and ask if they can take your picture when there is nobody else there to take it for you. I think it's weird when it happens like this...

On Friday after we were swimming we had some lunch by the pool and I struck up a conversation with some ladies that were doing a girls' trip (I promise this will have some relevance later). We got finished eating and said our goodbyes and Owen and I decided to go hang out on the porch swing that was at the hotel and relax for a little while. I was trying to take a picture with my phone when a woman walked up and just started snapping pictures of Owen. Didn't say anything to me, just started taking pictures... weird right? So I say hello and we talk for a minute and then she says "Owen, smile for the camera"... which I thought was really strange since I didn't remember ever telling her his name but then I started second guessing myself since she did in fact know his name. Then she says "I can't believe he is only ten months old." Of course I start thinking "What the crap? How does this lady know everything about my little guy when I've never talked to her?  Unless she was one of the ladies and the pool on the girls' trip and I just don't remember" So I say "now, when did we meet before? I'm so sorry I can't remember your name" and she says "oh, we haven't met, I just overheard your conversation with those ladies at the pool and I thought Owen was so cute I just had to come over and take some pictures of him, I love taking pictures of people. One day I want to put out a book with just a bunch of people's faces, like Owen's. Of course I'd ask you before I do it. By the way, can I get your email and I'll go download these and send them to you?" Obviously I didn't offer up my email address right away because this lady was sketchy. However, after 45 minutes of talking to her, I found out that she was just a lonely woman who travels and loves taking photos. I decided it couldn't be too harmful to hand it over (I'm sure there are a few of you out there thinking I am a crazy person for sharing personal info with a lady I didn't even know) but I did give her my email and guess what... she was true to her word. She went right up to her hotel room and sent over these (just a few samplings):





















Now since I gave this random woman my email address and somehow she knows everything about Owen, please promise me that if Owen or I ever go missing that you will start the search party with a woman named Lucia from Minneapolis.

3 comments:

Carrie Ann said...

That is a good crazy story which is exactly what a blog is for. I am scared of Lucia from Minneapolis. Owen looks OLD! In a good way...

Carrie Ann said...

YAY my comment worked!

Tyanna said...

You two look great!! It makes me miss you guys so much. Owen is such a little man. I love his smile.
How sweet of Lucia...a little creepy but still so sweet. I wish we were there to hang out and walk the trail with you.