Tuesday, March 16, 2010

When push comes to shove...

While we lived with my parents for the month before we moved to Florida, my parents got this little ice cream truck for Owen that he could push around. You know the ones that they can ride on or they can push from the back? Well, he fell in love with it. At the time, Owen loved to ride on it, he didn't understand the appeal of pushing it. However, once he started pushing it, he's come to realize that he loves pushing anything, whether it's meant to be pushed around or not. No matter what it is, if he sees that he can use leverage to push an object, he'll do it. Just a few examples...


A bookcase for my "Little House on the Prairie" books. He dumps them all out and pushes just the case around.










This is a high chair at a restaurant. When we took him out to go get in the car, he immediately wanted out of my arms to push this around.

Laundry is by far his favorite chore because he can push the laundry basket around while I'm folding clothes.

This is a chair from our kitchen table. As you can see, the ice cream truck is sitting in the background waiting to be pushed but Owen wasn't having it. He was all about making the kitchen chair move.

This one is not so weird, at least the stroller has wheels. He is not a fan of riding in it but he loves to get out and push.
Tyler and I keep speculating what kind of profession a person could have with a love for pushing things. We haven't come up with much. My mom mentioned that he could push a broom around, maybe be a janitor and she also mentioned that he could be the guys who work for the grocery stores that have to push the carts back into the store. Tyler likes to think more along the lines of an offensive lineman. Any other thoughts out there? Please give me some hope that my child will do more than want to push a broom around...

3 comments:

Allison said...

I just read your blog! It was so great to catch up on your life. Owen is looking way older. It's amazing the change that takes place in 2 months. And, I agree with Tyler-- Owen is going to be pushing around other football players! We are banking on Brooks being a linebacker.

Ally said...

What a darling baby boy. I seriously can't believe that he is going to be one! I wish I had something creative for him, you know as a pusher...in the nicest pusher way possible, but alas, nothing comes to mind, so I'll keep my thinking cap on and see what I can come up for your bouncing, pushing baby boy!

Carrie Ann said...

I don't know what he'll be when he grows up, but I say put him to use right now! Put a damp rag under the laundry basket or something!