Sunday, March 28, 2010

Oh Suzanna!

Tyler and I knew each other for about two and a half years before we actually started dating. Little did I know when we first met I would be falling in love with him a few years later. On our second date I remember thinking I could end up with a guy like him and the third time we hung out, I knew that he was the guy like him that I wanted to end up with. We were at his house, hanging out in his bedroom talking about who knows what when Tyler opened up his drawer and pulled out a harmonica. He started playing "Old Suzanna"  and then asked me if I wanted to make a request. I asked what he could play and he responded that he could play "Old Suzanna" or any song out of the hymn book. His brother had sent him the harmonica on his mission (thanks Todd!) and Tyler had pretty much learned the whole hymn book those two years he was gone. While we sat in his room, me requesting songs and him playing them, I knew he was the guy for me. I loved that he could play any song out of the hymn book on the harmonica.. how cute is that? I mean really?
This morning Tyler, Owen and I were hanging out in our room playing around when Tyler opened his drawer and pulled out the same harmonica he played for me on our third date and started to play "Old Suzanna". Owen immediately started bouncing up and down, letting me know he wanted to dance to the music and we spent the next half hour dancing.
I had no idea five years ago that I would spend the rest of my life with Tyler but this morning, I couldn't help getting teary eyed thinking about how lucky I was to have ended up in my bedroom dancing with my little guy to hymns being played on a harmonica.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really sweet!

Ally said...

that is the sweetest (sorry carolynnjoy, we thought the same thing!) I love those kinds of moments!

Brandon and Becky Patrick said...

Brittany! I love that i found your blog! I have truly enjoyed reading through your posts!!! It looks like Florida is treating you well. I am so happy! You are so adorable. Keep up your great posts! You have already beat me in the number of posts you have done and I've had my blog for years :)

g-ma said...

Hi Guys: Grandmother has discovered you. Be careful what you say....Owen is so cute and Happy Birthday to Him. When I get your address, I'll send him a card.Please E-mail me and give me your mailing address...Chris couldn't find it when I called her...Love you all, Grandma moffat

lmoffat@cox.net.