Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Luck of the Irish

So tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day, my personal favorite holiday of the year because it's also the anniversary of one of the best days of my life. Tomorrow will be mine and Tyler's three year anniversary. Last night we went to dinner with a few friends and I was talking about our courtship and how I pretty much chased Tyler for two and a half years before he actually gave in an married me. While we were dating my mom would ask me if I really thought it was worth all of the chasing. Don't get me wrong, my parents loved Tyler (because who wouldn't?) but she was just worried that I was investing a lot of time into someone who just wasn't in love with me. But, I just knew that we were meant to be together. I was in love with him and he just seemed like my perfect match. And guess what... it only took him two and a half years to realize he was in love with me too. And he was well worth the wait.
Every day I am so grateful that I married my best friend, a person who can make me laugh so hard that I get this weird donkey laugh going, who I can talk to about anything, who is the most amazing father to Owen, who makes me want to be a better person, who can grill the most amazing tri-tip you've ever tasted, who assures me it's just the way my shirt was hanging when someone asks me when my second baby is due, who can do the best Donald Duck impersination you've ever heard and someone who has taught me that bad TV can actually be really good if you're watching it with the right person.
The list could go on and on but I don't want to bore the few of you that read this blog with too much cheesiness. I just want to say that I'm so grateful that Tyler finally gave in to my persistance and I can't wait to see what our future has in store for us. And just for memories sake, here are a couple of our favorite pics from that day...
mmmm.... isn't he handsome? I can't wait to see where the journey called life takes us together. Happy Anniversay you sexy sexy man!

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

Happy Anniversary Britt & Tyler!
You guys are so great together and your wedding was awesome.
I love you Britt.

Ally said...

So, I've totally just read each and everyone of your posts! I kind of LOVE that you, Brittany Cushing Rhodes, are now an official blogger. Welcome...welcome to the world of blogging. And with that, I say Happy Anniversary to two people who are really MFE (you know...meant for each other). And Happy St. Patty's day to you and yours. Love you!

Ally said...

P.S. you are really funny, and witty. what a great writer. theflorhodians is a really great read. 5 stars!

Emily said...

Not cheesy...so sweet! I want your kids and their kids to read that one day and know how much their parents loved each other.

Emily said...

Did that comment even make sense? This darn Day Light Savings has turned my brain to mush!

Tyanna said...

Oh my gosh!! Happy Anniversary you guys. You guys were meant to be together...every LEO & GEMINI should be together. You make the perfect couple.

Carrie Ann said...

Happy anniversary! You know that I knew it was meant to be, too, and I wished for you two to get married to two and a half years! I'm so glad it happened and we are family forever!