Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I feel like it's the day after Christmas...

You know how you look forward to it for months up to that day? Then the day comes and it's just as great as you had hoped it would be but before you know it, it's over. Well... that's how I feel today. The week before we moved here my mom and I sat down and planned her first trip out here. We wanted an exact date to look forward to once I got here. Well, for that month between when we moved here and when my mom arrived, it was about all I could think of. I couldn't wait to show her our cute little house and the area we live in and all of the things that we have already come to love about Ft. Lauderdale. The days leading up to her arrival, I was writing down all of these things I wanted to do with her; I thought we could go the Farmer's Market and concerts in the park and the beach a couple of days. Well, she got here and it was a little cooler than I thought it was going to be and because my mom is so laid back and is happy just hanging out, she spent most of her days doing this:














This is my mom walking around with Owen trying to convince him that rocks are not food. He wasn't buying it.
This is her holding him while he sleeps. Cute right? I loved when I walked into the living room and saw this.
Anyway, we did actually do a few things that I had planned.  Here are just a few highlights...

We went to Shark Valley and saw a ton of alligators. This is one of them.


There were not only alligators but also turtles. My handsome, strong, courageous husband snuck up on this speedy little turtle and snagged him before he could get away so that we would have this photo op.
We would walk along the Riverwalk every morning and there is a little Irish pub that we wanted to try so one night we walked down there. We sat down to eat and we asked the waitress to bring us a kids cup... this is what she brought.
It's Miller Time! Florida may not be quite as family friendly as Utah.

We also spent a day at the beach. Owen was loving it. We took some books to read so we could relax as well but most of the time we spent getting pictures of Owen. This was one of my favorites... I love this little guy.
So yesterday was like the last minutes before you go to bed on Christmas night. You trying to soak up all the Christmas you can before you have to wait another year for it to come again (I'm being overly dramatic, I'm going to see her and all of you within a few months) but you know what I'm saying right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's cute...Owen looks like he loved having full-time Grandma.

Unknown said...

Brittany- I love that you blogged about our Christmas adventure. I felt the same way. I've been a little Melancholy this week. I had a great time with your family. I didn't realize what a great cook you are. I love you and I'm very proud of you and Tyler. I miss you a ton but the memories are great! Mom

Tyanna said...

Your Mom is the cutest Grandma (even though she doesn't look like she could even be a grandma). I LOVE the last picture of Owen smiling with the sand all over--he is so stinkin' cute & that smile is contagious.

Carrie Ann said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun time. I saw her today and she loved her visit. I am sorry it was so COLD. That is so unfair! We are looking forward to coming in April, so you've got another Christmas to look forward to and so do we!