Friday, July 23, 2010

The Itsy Bitsy Spider... or not.

As I have mentioned previously Owen loves to find the "Yucks" that enter our house. He loves spotting the little creepers and has become fond of touching them in recent days as well.

I have never been bothered by bugs or spiders. If there was ever one around and I wanted it gone, I would simply pick it up and throw it away and to all of the spiders, bugs, snakes, etc. that live in the yard, I would think "Oh, good for them for finding a happy little home back there" until a couple of days ago. Tyler and Owen came in to let me know that we had some pretty yucky "yucks" in our backyard. Three HUGE yucky yucks making three HUGE cobwebs.  I walked out the back door to see what they were talking about, turned to my right and saw this:

And this:

These are two of the three. We couldn't get a great picture of the third one. Aren't they so creepy? Like they sort of look like they have skeleton faces on them. I wish so bad my camera would have gotten a great picture of the cobwebs and the other spider making a web next to these two. All of the sudden I'm not such a big fan of spiders making a happy little home back there. Blah...

I don't want you to leave this blog with those horrible images so maybe look at this for a minute or two to clear your mind of all icky-ness...




3 comments:

Ally said...

Oh yucky yucks is right! That gave me QBH! Well, except for the sweet picture of Owen...he is so darling!

Tyanna said...

QBH!!!!!! TO the ONE MILLIONTH POWER!!!
I would never return outside! Tell me you killed them or I am going to have an anxiety attack on your behalf.

Kaesy said...

If I were the type to write OMG, I would totally insert it here. So, instead I'll just say WTF?