Monday, March 7, 2011

Keepin it Wild!

This is the Miami Zoo's line. "Keepin it Wild". We went to check it out and found out that it wasn't necessarily wild but still really fun. Rather than wild, I would describe it as a really long walk among animals that like to lay in the sun.
Why don't you take a walk with us?  Let's see... Owen, where should we go first?














The Orangutan you say? (p.s. I have something to admit... I had to look up how to spell orangutan, I would have had no idea)













How about some allligators? Do you get sick of seeing alligators? How about a really cute little boy petting an alligator? Would that impress you more?













Next stop was the carousel... bound to make any almost two year old happy. He was loving every time we came around and saw Tyler on the side. Couldn't wait to wave and say hi.













Definitely one of the highlights for Owen.
Another highlight... sitting on fake animals.

















Or playing in the water misters:


















And... checking out the turtles. Have I mentioned that Owen's favorite animal is a turtle? He also pronounces turtle "Udla" which just so happens to be the same word he uses for noodles. I think it's the cutest thing ever.














Hey, do you guys remember this?

















It's called a Gazelle. I was really really hoping to find the workout video that used to show during this infomercial where the lady was riding on her horse on the beach after working out on the Gazelle but... couldn't find it, even on youtube. Sad. ANYWAY... what does this have to do with the zoo? Well, I saw my first real Gazelle. The animal, not the workout machine.
I don't really understand why the workout machine was named after this animal but who really cares right?

Next stop were the elephants: Getting Owen to smile for the camera has been quite the task lately but still such a little sweetheart isn't he?

What else should we check out? Maybe a hippo, some giraffes and two rhino's fighting? Ok...



How about "See No Evil, Speak No Evil, Hear No Evil" in real life?

Ok, so they aren't actually doing the hand gestures but can't you picture it? At one point, one of these gorillas spotted a squirrel and chased it around. That was about as wild as the zoo got for us. Pretty excting stuff.

What should we end the day at the zoo with? How about some really cute pictures of Owen? I think so...




















Man... I really really love this kid.

5 comments:

Ally said...

What a stinking fun post! I love going to the zoo. Wish we could have gone with you!

Side of Caitlin said...

Such an adorable little guy. Looks like you guys had a great time! Oh and I loved your additional Gazelle info. I definitely remember that infomercial.

Tyanna said...

What a fun time @ the zoo! Love the last few pics of Owen posing by the fence--he is SO cute. I also love the pic of Tony Little riding his gazelle machine...when I got to that part of the post I was thinking "Oh my gosh, they saw Tony Little @ the zoo--how exciting!!"...I used to have all his workout videos ( : Huge fan!

Unknown said...

What a fun day at the zoo. Love the pictures!

Nate, Jenny and Amelia said...

So jealous of the warm zoo weather. I'm freaking out that we're going to top 50 this week. Your narration of the zoo was my favorite by far though.