Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cruisin... take two.

Remember this post? The one where I said that I had found my favorite purple BMX bike reincarnated? Well, it just so happens that this sweet purple bike hid some of her flaws from me until I made a full commitment of love to her. For  a few months she even tried to hide them from me but eventually the truth came out. She wasn't perfect. She wasn't the BMX reincarnated... she was just a sweet old bike with some baggage. Come to find out, she had really bad breaks (ones that would keep the front wheel from turning like it should), and a gear that would stick (the hardest gear). At the beginning I was willing to forgive the flaws, I mean the ride I would get on her was always a REALLY good workout, which is something I usually love. However, the more pregnant I got the more I dreaded my sweet purple bike's hard workouts. I really just wanted to just pedal and cruise. I didn't want to be ungrateful so I tried not to complain about my bike but Tyler somehow got the hint that I wanted to be in the market for a new bike (maybe because every time we went to Costco I would go and stare at this darling light blue bike with white-washed wheels and talk about how cute it was). Anyway... Chrsitmas time came (I know, super late post right?) and Tyler surprised me with that darling Costco bike I'd been longing for the last few months.















Serioulsy though, isn't it cute? I love it. So much. And this little sweetheart lets me cruise to my hearts content.

Now I'm just in the market for a new bike seat for Owen. Poor little guy keeps falling  asleep on our rides and his little head just slumps forward because he has no neck/head support in back. I have a lot of friends with trailers who love them so maybe that's the answer but I think Owen likes being up where I'm at checking things out and telling me what he sees. Anyone out there have any suggestions on a nice bike seat that will keep my little guy comfy even when he gets sleepy on the ride?

Oh speaking of great gifts, can I just brag about my husband for another second? I had an amazing Valentines because of him. First thing in the morning he gave me this:















So I've loved Curtis Stone and wanted his cookbook forever but when Tyler went to get it for me for Christmas, it was sold out everywhere so he surprised me with it for Valentines. YAY! I love it... so many amazing recipes. Perfect gift.
Also, some of our friends called us the Friday before Valentines and offered to watch Owen for Valentines so we could go out on a hot date (Thanks Kiki and Eff!). Because it was a couple of days away, I told Tyler that we should just grab takeout and go to a movie or something since I figured there wouldn't be anywhere that would still be open for reservations. Well, I got home from the park on Friday and Tyler says "Is 6:30 good for dinner on Monday?" and wouldn't tell me where we were going. Valentine's rolls around and he takes me to this great little thai/sushi restaurant on the water that I've been talking about going to since we moved here. It was fantastic! What a great surprise.

















 I love this guy!!! 

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Britt, you are so pretty, seriously.
And our twinner bikes! Yahoo! I wish we lived closer to ride together. That basket...awesome!
Miss you!

Kaesy said...

Hey, we have the trailer and Max and I went for a ride just yesterday and we were able to talk about all kinds of stuff. You'll still be able to chat with him. How about I felt so ridiculous 8 months pregnant riding a bike...I'm so glad somewhere in the world you are doing it too! Love you!

Kaesy said...

Oh forgot to say your bike is SO cute!

Tyanna said...

What a GREAT hubby!! I really love the bike--and you look SO cute on it....love Owen in the backseat too. I want to be a fun Mom on a cute bike-toting my little kiddies around!! Also, how hard are the recipes in your cook book?? Are they super intense with tons of ingredients that are hard to find or are they easy peazy? Let me know. Miss you!

Mindy's Mom said...

I loved looking at all your March pictures. Owen is such a winner and you guys are both darling. Is there any thing you haven't done in Florida? Love you greatly!! Grandma Moffat