Sunday, March 20, 2011

Leprechauns and Love... Could a day get any better?

YAY! Happy St. Patrick's Day (a little late). We woke up and had some green eggs for breakfast. My mom always made green apple pancakes and green eggs but since Owen doesn't really get the whole St. Patty's day thing yet, I figured green eggs would be good enough. He wasn't quite sure about them at first (why are they green?) but once he tasted them, he didn't hesitate to dig right in.
Please excuse the bedhead





















Next on the docket to celebrate this great Irish holiday was a leprechaun treasure hunt that my creative friend McKenzie invited us over for. It did not disappoint. She sent the kids on a hunt for different colored shamrocks, until they hit the end of the rainbow colors and reached the treasure (a bag of rolos, bubbles and playdough).




Owen really loved when he would find the right color shamrock




















She had also prepared rainbow cupcakes and green slushies. Didn't I say she was a creative lady?



Owen and his buddy McKay really enjoying their slushies

















After the St. Patrick's Day festivities, we moved onto the more important celebration of the day. Me and Ty's Anniversary! I can't believe it's been four years since this day:






















We kept on with our Anniversary tradition of fondue for dinner. So yummy. I love the Melting Pot.


Tyler really loved the fondue as well (a little too much?)


















Man, I love that handsome guy. Really, every single day I wake up and realize I love him even more than I did the day before. A few weeks ago we were cleaning out our storage closet and found a box of "things I adore about Tyler Rhodes". WhiIe we were dating,  I wrote down 50 things I loved about him on strips of paper and left them in his car one night for him to find later.  I loved going through and reading all of the things I adored about him while we were dating and realizing as we read them that there are a million more things I love about him now (super cheesy right? I don't care, it's true). Today I want to write down a few of those things... or maybe more than a few. How about 20 things I love about him? Just because...

1. I love that he can always make me laugh
2. I love that when Tyler makes ipod mixes he will put rap music, soundtrack music (you know like the soundtrack to braveheart), Phil Collins or some other 80's band, and church music all on one mix. I also LOVE when I try to tease him about it, his response is "hey, what's wrong with that? They are all good songs."
3. I love that he is always up for whatever things I plan. Like spending the day at a giant swap meet or going to friend's houses for the bachelor finale and he acts happy about it.
4. I love that he actually really loves the Bachelor as much as I do.
5. I love to watch him play with Owen. He is really the best dad. Really. They play so super cute together AND he always comes up with more creative games than I do. Then I watch in awe and wonder how come I never came up with the creative game he is doing and then when he isn't around, I steal his ideas and use them to make Owen happy.
6. Speaking of Owen, I love when Tyler will get out the rock band instruments and fake play the guitar or the drums while Owen sings. It's one of my favorite things in the world to see.
7. I love that he loves spending time with us. At night and on the weekends, he is always trying to think of things for us to do together as a family. I love that.
8. I love that he is such a good listener. I can talk to him about the lamest of things and he acts like he is interested (most of the time anyway)
9. I love how much he loves watching Gold digging shows. You know, like Alaska Gold Rush and Gold Fever (side note: I also love how he sings this theme song for Gold Fever all the time and tries to teach it to Owen).
10. I love his hot butt.
11. I love when he speaks spanish. It's so so sexy to me.
12. I love that he can get along with anyone. We can go into a new setting, new people and he can make conversation with whoever is there.
13. I love that he makes me want to be a better person every day.
14. I love that he makes everything fun. No matter what we are doing, if Tyler is there with me, it's a good time.
15. I love that Tyler has an alter ego that talks like Donald Duck
16. I love that when we are trying to come up with names for our new baby girl, he will come up with the most random of names just to make me laugh.
17. I love that he is so helpful around the house and with Owen. For example, when I went to girls camp this past week,I got home on Saturday exhausted. I expected Tyler and Owen to be home and for the house to be somewhat of a disaster from them playing for the past two days.  Instead, I walked into a spotless house. What a fantastic surprise right? He spent the morning cleaning so I wouldn't have to worry about it when I got home. He is always doing stuff like that for me.
18. I love his lips. They were the first thing I noticed about his handsome face when I met him nine years ago and they are still one of my favorite features on his face. Plus, he is a really good kisser (another good reason to love those lips)
19. I love that he is such a gentleman. He still opens doors for me, gives up his seat for older people, and is willing to help whenever help is needed.
20. I love that he has such a strong testimony and has the same eternal goals as I do.

I am so happy that I was lucky enough to meet Tyler nine years ago and that five years after that he finally gave in and married me. Can't wait to see what the rest of our lives have in store for us! Love you T Mophat!

4 comments:

Nate, Jenny and Amelia said...

Yes happy anniversary you two! Also, can your friend please come to my house and help me be festive for holidays like St. Patty's day? I'm so lame...

Tyanna said...

Okay...first things first..Happy Anniversary!! You two were meant to be, of course a Leo and a Gemini always are ( :
And second..how fun is the St Patty's Day treasure hunt with rainbow cupcakes and green slushies!!! I am the suckiest MOM in the whole world as Sen didn't even get one green thing to eat that whole dang day.
Loved the pics of Owen finding the shamrock.

Unknown said...

What a fun day! Such cute ideas.
I can't believe it's been 4 years! happy Anniversary!

T-Fam said...

Fun! That looks like you had a fun St. Patties day. Happy Anniversary too.