Thursday, August 12, 2010

Woobies

While I was pregnant with Owen I had a few baby showers. At these showers I received a LOT of really cute blankets. Although I loved each and every one of them, I have to be honest, I wondered if I would actually use them.

The answer: Yes, definitely.

Can you see how happy these make our little guy?
















Every morning when Owen wakes up we are forbidden to leave his room until we have every soft blanket he can get his hands on or any blanket he can get me to get my hands on in our arms. This morning he spotted nine of them before we left his room.

We love this about him.

Some other new things we love about Owen:
  • He loves shoes. He'll pick up any pair, no matter whose they are and bring them to you and then say shoes over and over until you put them on. Oh but when he says shoes, it really sounds like "ooozsh".
  • He points at everything and says "that". We think it's because we are constantly saying "Owen, what's that?", "Owen who's that?", "Owen can you see that?"
  • He loves to sit with me or Tyler looking out the glass door in our back room. He could sit there for hours looking for birds, lizards, yucks or anything else interesting moving around out there.

  • He is such a boy... he loves climbing on things, standing on things he probably shouldn't, racing cars and making them crash, chasing Tyler with a football, basketball, any ball in his arms and he loves big trucks. When the garbage truck, recycling truck or any big truck is by our house and he hears it, he stands by the door until we take him outside to see what kind of truck it is.
  • He is also saying "Whoa!" a lot. Any time he makes a car crash or throws something or he falls... I don't even know where he learned it but it's so super cute.
  • He loves to play the drums. We don't own real drums but he loves to fake play our fake drum set. The ones we have for rock band.
  • He loves chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, white morsels... any sort of creamy chips really. It's all my fault. If I ever just need a little dark chocolate I will go to the fridge and have one or two Ghirardelli chocolate chips (I blame both my mother in law and my dad for this bad habit)  and I would give him one or two as well. Bad idea? Probably. 
  • Our favorite thing right now is that he has started coming to find one of us if he wants us to play or wants to show us something. If we are in the other room and he needs or wants one of us, he will come in, grab a finger and lead whoever it is to where he wants to go. I know all kids do this at some point but we love that our little guy has started doing it.
I say it all the time but I can't help it... we love love love this little man!

1 comment:

The Cushings said...

Owen is so cute... and we are glad he loves everything.. as his grandpa says. Brittany I'm so glad you blog. It is so fun to read and see. We love you all mom and dad