Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ahhh... RATS!

No really... RATS... we have them. Gross. We know for sure there are two, actually let me rephrase that, there WERE two until Tyler set up an obstacle course in the storage closet where they were living.





















That is four rat sticky pads, one rat trap and a lot of poison. Two of those sticky pads are now gone because the rats didn't realize they were traps; they must have thought they were something fun and gooey to run through. Poor little buggers didn't know what they had coming.

How disgusting is that? Tell me that even though I'm confessing this to you that you will still want to come to our home. Don't worry, I've been scrubbing the floors, vacuuming and obsessively wiping the countertops with disinfectant just in case by some off chance they have walked anywhere other than the storage closet.

I mentioned this to a couple of friends and one of them said "Yeah, if you live in South Florida, you'll get rats, that's just how it is"... yuck.

On a happier note, we get to see this cute family in two weeks:















And visit this rat and his home:




















I'm pretty dang excited for it, except I'm not super excited for the hot part of it. I really want it to be a comfortable temperature when we're walking around a theme park all day. Because sometimes right now when I'm walking from my house to my car, I feel like this:























I've already asked pretty much everyone I know here if it will cool down a little in the next two weeks. They all tell me the same thing, that it doesn't cool down until November. I'm just going to keep asking until I get the answer I want, that it will be the perfect temperature for spending time outside.

This little guy has nothing to do with rats or sweating but I just like to post pictures of him so...



6 comments:

Ally said...

I'm in love with Owen...and his darling teeth! Rats are gross and you are not! Of course we'd still come see you. When are you coming for a visit?

The Cushings said...

Brittany- We loved reading this. You are a fun writer! We love the picture of Brandon and Sarah's family. Where did you get that? Owen is so cute. We love you mom and dad

Mary said...

umm...don't feel too bad, I had a rat just a couple of weeks ago too! It ran out from my sorted laundry pile! See...laundry is dangerous.

Tyanna said...

Feel grateful you can kill the rats to get rid of them...we'll have a marmot problem the rest of our days!!! Miss you.

Kira said...

Britt, the thing i love most about your blog (besides the cutest pictures of Owen) is that your personality is all over you posts. it's so great, i can practically here you saying what you write. it's just you and i love it!! oh and that is crazy about the rats!

Emily said...

Did I ever tell you that at Bingham Middle School April Iacono stuck one of those sticky rat catchers (size 8x10) on Kal Beutler's head? It was a combination of one of the funniest/saddest things I had ever seen.

On a happier note, have a great time with the B&S Cushing family.