Wednesday, February 1, 2012

You know what's great?

You know what's great? Having really creative friends that do fun stuff for your kids so that you don't always have to. Our group of friends here do a craft day once a month. We travel to each others homes and the person in charge figures out a craft for the kids to do, reads a book or two and provides a yummy something to eat. We've been doing this since October and it's been a huge success. The kids love it because fun is provided for them and mom's love it because fun is provided for the children while the mom's get to sit and chat it up.

This month my super creative friend Crystal was in charge. She text us all the night before to let us know that we better dress our kids for a mess. Crystal is such a great mom because she is all about letting her kids get messy as long as they are having a good time. I love mom's like that. They're the best (I have one of those mom's too).

We arrived and Owen was in heaven just at the site of all of the crafty things Crystal was providing.
 Some Guk to play with,
Some of whatever this fun flour mess is.
 Some painting... both with a brush
 and with hands.

Toward the end of the activity, the kids just starting mixing everything together to make their own little concoctions.
Collette wasn't shy about crashing the party.
 Crystal also provided a snack for the kiddos (ok, I admit I had one too. Who passes up oreos and gummy worms? Not this lady)
 Owen wasn't too sure about eating a worm in dirt but once he had a little taste, he was quickly converted.
So was Ella. Yummm.
 
The last activity of the day was story time.
Don't worry people, even when the messy part is over, the fun isn't. Once the kids were finished getting down and dirty, they all jumped in the hose to get cleaned up.
Craft day for January... success.
Thanks a lot Crystal for putting the pressure on the rest of us to provide more fun than running through the hose in your underwear. Is there really any way to top that?

6 comments:

jos said...

HA HA ! I love the picture of my child with a dirt mustache. They sure did have so much fun. I can't wait for the next craft day. I doubt the valentines craft day will end with naked babies in the hose though????

Unknown said...

Talk about raising the bar! How fun. I think I would be a little intimidated to have these crafty women over. But how fun for your kids.

Sherrill Cushing said...

This looks like so much fun, I would love to join in on this activity.

r+s+a laney said...

SO fun! I want to come.

Nate, Jenny and Amelia said...

I think you need to post what you guys do every time! I need ideas so bad. I think my little lady is pretty bored - I seriously lack creativity!

Kikal said...

It was great fun! Also, Colette is the cutest little gal, I love to see her smiling face!