Sunday, February 12, 2012

Some other stuff happened in January

I mentioned in my last post that we met our newest nephew while we were in Utah but failed to mention that we were able to attend his blessing while we were in town. It was such a beautiful blessing given by Todd and as always, Carrie was the hostess with the mostest.



When we got back from Utah, we were excited to have made it back to warm weather and decided to spend some time out on the water. We called up some friends and spent a day on the taxiboat (thanks Jeff and Cait for the free tickets!):
 Can I just point out that when Owen gives a thumbs up, he uses his pointer finger instead of his thumb? I love this and hope he doesn't realize for a really long time that he's doing it wrong. 

 We saw some amazing houses
Hung at the beach: this is how we do snow angels in Florida... 
 Found a sonic (YAY for pebble ice! YUMMM)
 the boys were fans of sonic as well. Free toys? yes! 
 and Collette was just happy to be along for the ride. As always (have I mentioned this about her? Always happy.)

And then spent more time on the boat. 
Such a great way to check out Ft. Lauderdale. I'd totally recommend it for a Saturday activity.

Ft. Laudy daudy has had a super warm January (even though it didn't look like it in the last pics) so the next weekend we decided to head to the beach up in Delray with our friends Kim and Bubba.




We were super excited because the day we went up there, they were having an art festival on the main street. Sadly, by the time we got done at the beach, the art fest was over.
 Don't you worry, we still saw some pretty cool stuff. Like clocks made out of silverware (I'm just noticing as I post this pic that it clearly says "no photos please"... oops.)

 Also an adult who clearly had time to change out of her pajamas but didn't get around to changing out of her slippers. I don't get it. 

The kiddos were super good sports about just walking around the town. 
Side note: No need to buy a double stroller when Owen can just crawl onto the front of the thing and hold on tight right? 

Another reason the art fest wasn't a bust was because we ended up eating some amazing burgers at Burgerfi. YUMMM... 

I'll be honest, January isn't my most favorite month but this past one didn't shape up to be too shabby. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your pictures of random people. Don't you hate it when people go out in their pajamas?? Those burgers look amazing. I'm jealous of you beach we just have crappy dry cold

Tyanna said...

Oh man! To have the warm sunshine and the option of fun outdoor activities in the middle of "winter" would be an absolute dream...you guys are SO lucky!! Your little lady is about as cute as they come--she looks like Owen still but also has the most dreamy little look all her own. I wish we lived there and could tag along on all your adventures. I will call you this week with a full Isagenix report....I have a full cleanse day on Tuesday, so I will be in touch with my results after having been on it a full week.....right now I can say "I've experienced better times in my life."--thank goodness!

brandy said...

Colette is getting so big! She is beautiful....just like her mommy! Brittany, I love where you live! Don't get me wrong, I love AZ bc of the great weather but I would LOVE to live by the beach....Heaven.

Chelsea said...

Britt, I love that picture of you and collette on the boat. You are so beautiful and she looks so cute!