Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Livin' it up in the SLC

After our super awesome Christmas down in St. George, we headed to Salt Lake for a visit. It's always so nice to go home and hang out but it's also super busy. It seems like there are always a million fun family things and so many friends we'd like to see while we are there. Unfortunately, we never get to see everyone we want to but we tried to fit as much in as we could while we were there. Some of the happenings...

My mom did her annual Christmas party for the kids. She is sweet and waited for Owen to be in attendance. It was great to have Christmas last just a bit longer.
There were crafts:

 And games:

 And singing:
 And cute babies:
And a giant slumber party in grandma and gramdpa's room that I didn't get a picture of.
Bummer.
Owen was in heaven with his cousins. Not only these cousins, but also THESE cousins.
We were super excited to welcome the newest member of the Rhodes' clan.
This is Oliver, being held by his beautiful mother Carrie.

Todd and Carrie have been waiting for this guy for a very long time. He finally made his appearance in December. Part of the reason we were staying in Salt Lake until January was because Carrie was due to have this little man on January 6th and we didn't want to miss meeting him.  He decided he wanted out early, the beginning of December, while his dad was in Syngapore. All worked out well though and we were so happy to have some extra time to get to know him.
Since his arrival was long awaited, everyone was anxious to meet him, so Tyler's other brother and his family made the trip to come from Idaho, where they spent Christmas, just to spend the day with little Ollie, so we were fortunate enough to hang out with them as well.


Tyler loved spending some quality time with his siblings:
While Owen could not get enough of Cosby reruns:
Seriously, can you see the joy on this kids face? Oh Bill Cosby. We love you.

We were also able to see a few friends while we were in town.
This is New Years, when you have children. People show up around six for food:
Then while the adults try to play games or talk:
the kids run around like maniacs.
Then everyone leaves by 11:00 to miss the traffic.
While Tyler was ringing in the new year with Ryan Seacrest and Dick Clark, I was falling asleep in the other room. I feel ok about it though because I've always felt like the best part of New Years is actual New Years day when you wake up to a shoe filled with one last gift from Santa. This is a family tradition I brought to the marraige and I love it.
 Owen and Collette liked that part too.

Other happenings:
More family:



More friends:
Quick side note about this picture. I'd like everyone to take a quick look at our friend Greg's beard. Isn't it the most impressive one you've ever seen? For reals though. This man really knows how to grow his facial hair.



P.S. We missed you Ty! You have to be there next year!

And finally, some SNOW! YAY! So many pictures but I couldn't help it. There is almost nothing cuter than kids playing in the snow.


 My cute Aunt Joe took us around her mountain and showed us such a good time. Thanks Joe!



 We had such a blast in Utah and are totally missing our friends and family. But I'll be honest, I'm not so sad about coming back to the sun and the beach. 
Now we just need those friends and family to come to us. Serious guys. Come see us. Soon.  

3 comments:

Tyanna said...

AWWWWWW THANKS for the shout out Britt--I missed being at the Brady get together and just taking in all the goodness that being around good friends can bring. I LOVED all the pics in this post. I know I say this in EVERY comment but you look great! I loved the pic of you sledding....I also LOVED the very last pic of your sweet little lady....I would love to get to know her and eventually talk with her about everything under the sun too ( :

jos said...

That last picture of Collette is so cute. I love the gift in the show tradition....I may need to steal that

Sherrill Cushing said...

We had sooo much fun with all of you also. We miss you being here and can't wait to see you in April.