Sunday, August 21, 2011

Orlando Baby!!!

This past week, Tyler was heading to Orlando for work so me Owen and Collette decided to tag along and invited some friends to meet up with on Friday for a little weekend getaway. We had a BLAST! Thanks Mulcock's!!!
The first few days, me Owen and Collette just hung at the hotel pool. Tyler had a hookup at this great resort. We couldn't get enough of this place, the pool was amazing. Live music, cool kids area, splash pad, the works! Who needs to leave the hotel when you've got a place like this?!

Friday we grabbed some dinner at Panera (yummm), headed back to the hotel and met up with these guys:
 Jeff, Cait and Max. We love them. They are leaving us in a month and we are trying to spend every minute we can with them until they go. JEFF AND CAITLIN... DON'T GO!
Our main reason for wanting to stay the weekend was so that we could visit the temple. I have something I'm ashamed to admit, Tyler and I haven't been to the temple since we moved to Florida a year and a half ago so... it was way past due for us. We took our turns; while Jeff and Cait headed to get a spiritual high, we hung with this cool little dude:
Owen's best buddy right now. They can't get enough of each other, except when  they are pushing each other. You know, because that's what best buddies do when they're one and two years old.
And then our turn. This temple is gorgeous; what a great afternoon.


After being spiritually fed, we headed over to one of our favorite restaurants Bahama Breeze to feed out bellies. Can you say yummy?
 . A little coconut shrimp to start with and then some ribs with guava bbq sauce... so good.
Have I mentioned that Cait and I are doing a health challenge right now? Grand Prize: One night out with the husband, babysitting and $50 for the date given by the loser. Seriously people, I can not lose this challenge. I have got to get rid of the leftovers from my sweet little Coley. Last week, one of my young women asked me if I was already having another baby. Hmmmm... no, but thank you for reminding me that I still look six months pregnant.
Back to the food, I'm sure you're confused on how I can have ribs and be having a health challenge. Two words: Cheat Day. Since we were there together, we decided it was the perfect time for it. And why stop at ribs? Why not head over for some ice cream while we're at it?
These are the series of "sexy poses" we were doing for the camera. 
Jeff must practice is sexy pose. He knew what he was doing.
Tyler looked like he knew what was going on too. I guess I haven't quite figured the "sexy" thing out. Instead I look at this picture and wonder what song I'm singing. I know it's definitely not JT's "I'm Bringing Sexy Back."
Sunday we headed to Sea World. Is that so wrong... temple on Saturday then break the sabbath to see a bunch of fish? Wait... don't answer that. I think I already might know the answer.

Can you tell by this picture that we had such a fantastic time? Doesn't Owen look like he's in heaven? We were spending time with the sting rays. We also hung with the dolphins.

This is Max telling you all about them.

And hit up a couple of shows while we were there:
This lady is riding on the nose of two dolphins. For some reason I was super impressed by this.
 Isn't this little dude so cute? He was pointing out this bird who was really a person.

 Collette really loved it too. I mean really, doesn't she look like she is having the time of her life? Or not.
Next was the boys' favorite part of the day. The Merry-go-round. Sorry for so many pictures but seriously we rode this thing like fifteen times so we got a lot of pics...

Who is loving this more? Really...
 Jeff was trying to make the ride more exciting for Max. It worked... look at that kids face.
I love this place, they have rides, a splash pad, a giant climbing net with slides and steel drums. Does it get better than that?

I don't know if I've mentioned this before but Owen gets some serious comfort from his juicey. He's getting super talented with it. Can even hold it in his mouth while playing an instrument.
The boys decided to hop on another ride, because why wouldn't they?

 Owen loved it.

So did Tyler and Jeff.
After being in the heat for so long we decided to try and cool off inside and check out some walruses and polar bears.

 We figured we'd hit up the Shamu show because that's what Sea World is all about right?  I'll be honest, it wasn't nearly as great as the show with the flying bird people.
 But the kids were thoroughly entertained. Look at that face. Pure joy.
It was nearing the end of the day and the kids were getting pretty pooped.
We decided to head over to one of the adult rides so the big boys could have one last hurrah before heading home for the weekend. Unfortunately when we got over to the ride, it was closed for maintenance and they didn't know when it would reopen. We decided to stick it out and hope for it to reopen within a few minutes...

 While the men waited, the boys played...
While the boys played, Collette mostly did this:

Sometimes I think there is nothing cuter than this lady. Love those cheeks.
 After an hour of waiting in line, they finally let the guys on the ride. YAY!
Max and Owen decided to celebrate with a hug,
 It didn't end well.
 Besides this unfortunate event, it was a super successful trip. Orlando treated us well.

10 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

Uber thorough - uber awesome! We rule on vacation!!!!

Kaesy said...

Max and I just read your blog. While I laughed at your wit, Max asked, "What is wrong with that guy?" (Jeff doing a sexy pose). ha ha ha.

Jealous of your life.
Collette is too cute.
Owen and the hug at the end...so so funny.

Love you.
I will call today...

Unknown said...

Stop doing all these amazing posts about Florida. You're killing me!! :) How fun!!

McKenzie said...

So so fun! Sea world looks a lot different than what I remember. We'll definitely have to hit that up and the temple soon.

r+s+a laney said...

Oh my word I could just squeeze Owen, he is to die for. I hope Aubree dates him at byu :). His thumbs up...haha love it. Aaaand i also could just squeeze Collette little cheeks, Aubree is stoked to meet her this weekend.

T-Fam said...

Fun! We still have not been to Sea world yet. Seeing your pictures makes me want to go. Also I would like to see your healthy challenge thing written out. I think I would like to do something like that.

Unknown said...

Seriously you have the most adorable and beautiful family!!

Tyanna said...

Things I forgot to tell you over the telephone

1-You look fantastic!!!

2-I loved this blog post.

3-Max & Owens hug?? The cutest thing!

4-Collettes cheeks are absolutely edible--the MOST kissable.

5-I wish we were the Mulcoch's.

The Cushings said...

You got some really cute pictures! I love seeing your two families together. Caitlyn is so nice. I'm glad you guys had so much fun together and you were able to go to the temple. I especially love that picture.

Chelsea said...

Seriously, you are always doing the funnest things.
That hotel...amazing.
Word on the street is your in Utah??