Saturday, August 6, 2011

A good little bed time story

This is one of Owen's favorite books, we read it almost every night:
The other night when we were reading it, we got to this page:
I asked him what was happening at this point in the story (he likes to help read the book). His response: "That pig coming out of that cow's butt"


Not really the response I was looking for, actually a much funnier response than I was expecting. Thanks for that two year old son. I was always excited for the age when kids start saying unexpected things. I guess we've arrived.

8 comments:

Kaesy said...

Not joking, we have read this book ONE MILLION times and never noticed that. T and I just had the best laugh. Hilarious.

Seriously though. Have the damn book memorized. Probably you too.

Ally said...

That is a great, great post!

Side of Jeffrey said...

That is what is happening.

Side of Caitlin said...

I love the new format on your blog. And...I am in love with the picture of Collette on the side!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

It only gets better! I swear between the ages of 2-4 are the best for funny comments.

Tyanna said...

That is hilarious! Today I was listening to Sen play with her little toy animals and they were talking to each other in the little voices she gives them and the elephant said to the lion "I am going to get trashed" and the Lion replied "Me, too. I am going to get trashed too"....I said to her..."Sis, what do you mean about them getting trashed?" and she looked at me, blankly, and said "They are gonna get stuck in the trash bag".....was that even funny? It was to me...cause it was as if she was making a conversation about her stuffed toys getting drunk together...I get more and more lame as my life goes on.

The Cushings said...

Brittany I love to read about your blog. This one is hillarous! (as they all are) You always see the funny- bright side of things.