Saturday, July 23, 2011

Utah- Week Two

Sick of hearing about our trip yet? Well... too bad. We were in Utah for two and a half weeks so you get one more post of the things we got to do while we were there. The second week, we spent time with family and tried to get together with some of our friends. Unfortunately, we never get to see everyone we want to see (so sad I missed you Em, Ally and Steph, to name a few). Below is a quick (I'm lying, it's about a million pictures so it's not really going to be quick) rundown in pictures:

We hit up the Dinosaur Park with some friends. Thanks for hanging Kaes, Max and Cash!
  



Noticed half way through the day that I had put two different shoes on Owen. Sorry buddy...


Owen loved this place. Luckily we have been watching The Land Before Time lately so we knew all the scientific names to the dinosaurs like Sharp Tooth and Long Neck.
We BBQ'd with some friends:




Owen really loved what Tyler was cookin up



We were lucky enough to get invited to Em and Trav's for dinner. Yummy!
Owen loved hanging with his cousins
We went to Hogle Zoo, where we got to see even more dinosaurs. Don't be confused, there weren't live dinosaurs at the zoo. Just sculptures of them scattered throughout. Owen was in heaven:


See, couldn't take his eyes off of the big guy.




We did some hiking (honestly, one of my favorite parts of the trip) I really really miss those mountains.
With my bro up Bells Canyon (My all time favorite place to hike)

Then up to Secret Lake (almost) with parents, husband and children and my 83 year old grandpa. Yes people, you read that right... he's 83 and still hiking with us. Go Gramps!!!

I forgot Collette's bonnet so we made a makeshift one with a hankerchief. That's why it's great to have dads around, they carry things like hankerchiefs.

Owen couldn't get enough of the snow. Yep... snow, in July. Which is why we almost got to Secret Lake but not quite, too much snow in our way.

Tyler and Owen flying up the hill (Cute right?)

Maybe my favorite picture of the trip. This is my parents. They are still super in love even after 36 years. 

We had a bday party for my brother Brandon and an early celebration for Tyler's b-day:
We really loved having cousins around





The Birthday Boys

The boys put on a firework show to end the night.

The kids loved it but really they mostly just played under the blanket
We visited Grandparents while we were in town:

 And the rest of the time we just spent hanging at my parents.
It was such a fantastic trip! We miss our Utah peeps already so much! Now it's your turn to come see us!

4 comments:

The Cushings said...

I loved reading about your blog. I was there for most of it but it is good to refresh my memory on all the fun events. What a fun two weeks we had.

Carrie Ann said...

I love hearing about your trip and seeing pictures! You really made good use of your time! We are so happy to be here with you spending a little chunk of summer... party on!

T-Fam said...

Haha I love the picture of Owen with says all over his face. I am glad you had a good time in Utah.

T-Fam said...

Sorry i ment sauce not says.