Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Utah- Part Uno

Well we made it to Utah and only had to change each child's clothing once while flying. Collette puked all over both of us on the first flight and Owen's diaper leaked because of all of the apple juice Tyler and I were forcing him to drink so that his ears wouldn't bother him. All in all a very successful flight over.

We've been having a blast since we've been here. Spent the 4th with family and friends doing all of the things that a typical fourth of July holiday calls for.
BBQ/Pool Party:


Tyler got in a huge water war with all of the nephews. See him in the right hand side of this picture just enjoying every second of this game? He was actually winning at this point but once they retaliated and wouldn't give up, the game tragically ended with Tyler faking his death off the diving board.



Fireworks with friends:

I think giving your two year old child a sparkler might be one of the scariest experiences there is. He almost lit his hair on fire a few hundred times.
Owen really loved the fireworks for about the first five minutes and then entertained himself by playing hide and seek under the blanket the rest of the night.

Collette on the other hand, couldn't get enough, she sat in Tyler's lap with her ears covered just staring up to the sky. She was for sure a fan.

The rest of the week was spent with Tyler's family. Almost everyone was able to meet up in Utah to spend the week together (we missed you Todd and Carrie!).
While the Rhodes' fam was here we spent some time at the park:



And at This is the place Heritage Park. Let me just say, this really is the place, especially for kids. Owen couldn't get enough of the Pony Rides:


the Petting Zoo:


or the Trains... yes people, multiple trains for the kids to ride:


Can you see me in this picture? Seriously, what was I thinking here? I don't remember loving this ride more than Owen did but I guess I was. Pictures don't lie.
We also had a Rhodes Family Reunion
 Where we spent time with Owen and Collette's great grandma
And tried our feet at this activity. Darcy was super good at it...
 So was Owen
I, on the other hand... 
was really really bad at it. Guess I need to work on my balance.
Owen spent some time petting a random a dog that wandered over 
 
And Tyler enjoyed the time with his parents (Isn't he handsome?)

We also took a dip in the pool, which I don't have any pics of because for some reason my phone isn't sending pictures at the moment and I didn't take any with a  regular camera.


I personally think the best part though was just the time spent hanging together, watching movies and chatting it up:
Wish we could see them more often. Owen loved being with his cousins and couldn't get enough of Grandma and Grandpa Rhodes.

There was still much more fun to be had but let's not overload this post with too much Utah goodness. Stay tuned...

6 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

Now its my turn to say - COME HOME ALREADY!

T-Fam said...

So fun. I agree about seeing family more. I am glad you are having fun. Enjoy your time there.

Unknown said...

I hope we get to see you guys while you're here.
Ok so every time I'm at the store I think about your post about people leaving carts. I was scared to leave a comment at first because everyone who had left a comment was a hater to people who leave carts. So I'm risking you hating me by saying this but here goes....I leave my cart a lot. And here's 2 reasons. 1) My options are carry all the groceries back from the cart place with 4 kids in tow or leave all the kids in car while I go back. And the few times I have left them in the car with the air conditioner running I got dirty looks. 2) I LOVE it when someone else has left a cart out so I don't have to walk all of them over to where they are. The twins try wondering off. This way I can hurry and grab a cart and load them all right from my car.
Ok so there you have it. More than you wanted to know, right? But at least I got it off my chest. It's been bugging me that I never said anything. :)

Carrie Ann said...

It looked like a perfect summer week. You did all the fun stuff we love to do! The picture that made me the most homesick was everyone on the red couch. All those cute kids in stripey PJ's! We can't believe how many of you fit on that couch! We'll be with you next week. Lots of fun memories to be made.

Tyanna said...

What a fun trip! Glad you guys had an awesome time.

The Cushings said...

I love the pics of Tylers family. I hadn't seen them yet. We are really blessed to have such wonderful kids and grandkids. Chris and Kent would agree.