Friday, July 1, 2011

Cabin Fever

So I've had two sick kids and a traveling husband for the last two weeks. Owen has never really been sick so this is new territory for me. I'll be honest, I don't like it and I'm not very good at being a mother to two sick kids. I pretty much think every cough means Collette has RSV and I'm checking Owen's snot every few minutes to make sure it's clear and not some scary color that means that his sickness is something more serious than a cold. Thankfully, neither of those things have come true and both kiddos are finally on the mend. Anyway, because the kids have been sick, we've been stuck indoors for almost two weeks straight. Some of the things we've been up to while in the house:
Playing trains and legos. This particular day, we were having the train go on an African Safari. This is Owen to a tee... instead of pretending that the people on the train were looking at the animals in Africa, Owen set up all of the animals to look at the passengers on the train. I love this kid:


Finding the kids playing together. Or really finding Owen driving cars, playing dinosaurs, etc. on top of his sister. Luckily, she doesn't seem to mind:

Building Forts:

Finger painting:

Entertaining ourselves with sticker books:

And lots and lots of sleeping:

 And lots of cuddling, the only thing I've enjoyed about sick Owen. He  loves to cuddle right now. There is nothing better than hearing him ask "Mommy, cuddle with me?"
Like I said, luckily everyone is on the mend now. None of us can wait to get out of this house and on a plane to Utah this weekend! YAY for vacations and healthy children!

P.S. Sorry for the not so great pictures... I've only had my phone to take photos with.

4 comments:

T-Fam said...

So sorry your kids have been sick. Looks like Owen was able to still have fun. Collette is getting so big. I still have not seen her yet. Hopefully we can see soon.

Carrie Ann said...

Bless you! You are the least "sit around the house and do nothing person" I know! You love to be out and about! Luckily, the Rhodes have excellent immunity genes, so hopefully this won't happen often. If it happens again, make salt dough! We are totally homesick this weekend knowing that you all will be hanging out!'take lots of pictures for us and let's make sure to Skype while you're all there! We love you!

Tyanna said...

Sick kids are the worst!!! Both my kiddos are sick here in Utah...its the worst. I hope we get a visit in--I haven't taken them anywhere in two days!! I am afraid we are going to get cabin fever here...sad!

Side of Jeffrey said...

I'm glad we were out of town so we didnt' get your diseases.