Friday, June 24, 2011

Something That Irks Me

There are not many things that bother me but this is one thing I don't understand. How hard is it to take your shopping cart back into the store or to one of the cart return centers in the parking lot? Once at Albertsons, I backed up and someone had left a cart right behind my car, in my blind spot. It dented my bumper. I didn't like it.
Anyway, tonight at the Costco, I saw this:
 and this:
Do you see how close the carts are to the cart return places? Seriously people... take ten extra steps. If I can do it with two kids in tow, you can do it as well.

6 comments:

Emma Jo said...

Aah! A kindred spirit. As our dear old PKO would share, it is the mark of a quality person to do simple things like return a cart to it's rightful place. Amen.

Chelsea said...

I couldnt agree more.
The wind picks up just a bit and its slamming into other cars.
Lazy, lazy people.

Ally said...

Oh gosh...me tooooooooooooooooo! If you see me in one of these parking lots, you will also see me rearranging the messy cart returns. OOOOO, this is a great post!

r+s+a laney said...

i like you.

Carrie Ann said...

I'm with you. Like Emily said, it was a lesson our dad taught us when we were young. The grocery store here in CT does not have a cart return (weird, I know) and they always have this little old man collecting carts, but I can't just leave it for him, I have to take it back inside! Costco seems to be worst place for cart offenders. I guess not as many "quality people" shop there.

Tyanna said...

Kris and I will sometimes walk around the entire parking lot and take carts back to the return spots--once an employee at Wal-Mart stopped me and said "What are you trying to do--steal my job?"