Thursday, June 9, 2011

I guess he gets it...

Since having this baby girl:

I keep getting questions like "does Owen like her?", "How is Owen handling things?" and "Do you think he gets that she is part of your family and is here to stay?"
As I stated in a post a little while ago, I was super nervous about how having Collette would affect Owen and I'm happy to say that he really loves her. Some proof:

That picture was taken a couple of days ago when Tyler had put her on the changing table. He walked out of the room for a minute and Collette wasn't very happy about it. That's Owen trying to give her a binkie to help make her happy. He also sings happy birthday to her when she cries. I guess he feels like that's a song that would make anyone stop crying. One more thing he does is say over and over "No cry baby, it's ok". Cutest thing ever to hear him say that. We also see this a lot:

See... loves her.
To be honest, I was never sure how to answer the last question, the one about him getting that she is part of our family and is going to stick around until this morning. I had a meeting at the church and took the kiddos with me. At one point we had to change rooms and one of the men that was there offered to carry Collette into the other room for me and I quickly took him up on that offer. As he was walking out of the room with the car seat and baby, Owen starts freaking out and yelling over and over "My baby! Man holding baby! Mommy, my baby!" It took a while to calm him down and get him to understand that the nice man was going to the same place we were and was not trying to kidnap our baby girl. So there is your answer folks... I guess Owen does get it and now I can rest assure that if anyone ever did try to take her, Owen would let me and everyone around us know about it.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Of course he loves! Who wouldn't? What a great big brother!

Kaesy said...

what a cute story. Love it.

Unknown said...

He's the sweetest big brother ever! How cute! I wish I could be around to see them interact---Miss you!

Ally said...

That is so sweet Britt. What a great post!

Tyanna said...

She is such a doll--its no wonder that Owen adores her!! What a good big brother!

Unknown said...

I'm going to hope that I am able to post this comment. So glad Owen is adjusting to darling little Colette. Can't wait to meet her!

Chelsea said...

That picture of her is so dang cute!
I am one of those people that have asked about Owen. So cute to see these pictures. Hope I get to see you when youre in town!!