Saturday, June 18, 2011

Synthetic Love and Other Randomness

So Tyler and I were watching TV last night and stumbled upon this. This man has a synthetic doll that he really believes he is married to. He talks about how they support each other, love each other, have great conversations with each other, etc. It's like Lars and the Real Girl on crack. One of the craziest things about this was that a psychologist came in to talk to him and left saying that he isn't crazy as long as he is happy. Wait, no, I take that back,  the craziest thing was when the man decided to order a second synthetic doll and was asking his "wife" for permission. Or maybe the strangest part was that even after he saw himself on the show, instead of realizing he was crazy he says it's just a matter of time before everyone is finding love with a synthetic doll. I really hope that's not the case, but then again maybe the writer of Mannequin was on to something all those years ago.

Also on that episode was a lady who would eat this:

She would eat it ten times a day and had been for thirty years. It makes me sick just thinking about it. She had rotted her whole mouth by doing it and caused $20,000 worth of damage. Can you even imagine?
Changing subjects... do you watch Modern Family?  We do and we love it.  The other day I was reading an article about this lady:
 Sofia Vergara Wants to Look Like Betty White
And it said that she is a natural blonde! Can you believe it? She doesn't look like it right? Well, I couldn't help but google a pic (I actually asked Tyler to since he was the one on the computer) and look what he found:
Gorgeous right?
Something you may not know about me is that I thought I was a natural blonde until I was 21. See:

Let's not talk about the jean jacket or the frumpy sweater. I think we should just ignore both.
At that point, my good friend Josh told me he thought I should go my natural color just to see what it was. I thought it was a good idea since I hadn't seen my natural hair color since I was 12 years old so I promptly called my hair dresser for an appointment.  I was shocked when I came out a brunette. I had no idea. Now every time I go to get my hair done and ask Tyler if I should try something different, he jokes that I should go blonde. Yesterday when he saw this picture, he mentioned it again. He doesn't realize that just  going blonde won't make me look like Sofia Vergara. More likely, I will just look like a really fake blonde.
Speaking of hair, I did this to my son this week:
I didn't realize that cutting the sideburns would make him look like he had a bowl cut. Too bad it isn't 1985, I think it was somewhat popular then, but what do I know, all of my brothers had mullets through the 80's.

5 comments:

T-Fam said...

Haha I my in-laws were telling me about that show. It is crazy. By the way this is the first time that I have seen you with blonde hair. If I did not know it was you I would have never guess it was you. You look completely different with blonde hair.

Emma Jo said...

Seriously, Comet? How was she not dead?
We LOVE Modern Family. Gloria is a fave. "Jay! Jay!" I want to be her friend.

Unknown said...

Sadly I do remember watching that movie when it came out. I probably thought it was real (since I was young at the time).
Sofia Vergara is gorgeous as a blonde. I had no idea that was her real color.
I love the pictures of you as a blonde. I think you should make Tyler's dreams come true and go back to a blonde. You're just as pretty as she is.

Unknown said...

Oh and one more thing..have you finished Bossy Pants? I loved it!! Such a fun read.

Tyanna said...

Jenn & I loved Mannequin when we were little. Don't they live in a department store or something? Weird. Anyway, I think Owen looks just as cute as ever with a little bit of a bowl cut. Can't wait to see ya! Dutch slept 8 hrs last night, so I can finally call sleep my friend again--YAHOO!!