Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Little man is growing up...

I am loving this age so so much, but  it also makes me sad that Owen isn't going to be my baby anymore. Really... I am excited to have another little addition to our family but at the same time, I am trying to spend every second I can cherising these moments alone we have with Owen. Both Tyler and I feel like he is our best little friend and we can hardly imagine someone else joining our little group.
Anyway, Owen is definitely growing up. It was his second birthday today. We started the day with opening gifts and a birthday breakfast:
The loot


Playing with his new trains


Enjoying his favorite gift... he's wanted a bike forever.
 Then we decided to spend some quality time at the beach:


Dinner was spaghetti... noodles are still his favorite:

Can you tell he's enjoying them?
And had a few friends for cupcakes and ice cream...







I just want to jot down a few things that our little guy has been up to lately, you know for family that isn't around and for journaling purposes. Sorry to others of you who read this that may get bored with me talking incessantly about how I think everything he does is cute. I'm his mom, what can I say?
1. He is talking like crazy. I love love love having conversations with him. It's pretty much nonstop from the time he wakes up (maybe he got this from me?). We'll get home from a day at the park or pool or wherever and he'll run in the house and give Tyler all the details (in his own words). I love listening to him explain his day to his dad. So cute.
2. His favorite movie right now is Bolt. He asks for it constantly and he narrates what is happening in the movie.
3. He loves his puppy. Carries him around with him almost everywhere. He likes to feed him, put him to bed, make him go on the swing, the slide, whatever he happens to be doing.
4. At night he likes to have the following things in bed with him: Puppy, birdie, two trucks, juice and as many blankets  as we can gather.
5. He loves these books: Little Blue Truck, Curious George Visits  the Zoo, The Grinch and The Little Engine that Could.
6. He loves singing, dancing and playing any instrument he finds around the house.
7. He loves to tease. For example, we went to the store the other day and as I was getting out of the front seat he said "bye mom", I said, "no way, you're coming with me" and he starts laughing then he says "bye me", so I said "bye Owen" and he says "no" in this super cute voice and starts laughing hysterically. I love that he already has such a great sense of humor.
8. He loves to count but he only knows the numbers one and two so he'll just say those two numbers over and over when he's counting.
9. He loves to color and draw. He draws three things, Daddy, Elmo and Santa
10. He loves talking on the phone. No matter who I'm talking to he wants a turn to say hi and he tells whoever is on the phone everything about what we've been doing all day.
11. He loves buses, trains, trucks, cars, and anything else that moves.
12. He loves to play basketball or as he refers to it "ball balt"
13. When Owen and I are leaving the house, he insists on two things; giving Tyler a hug and a kiss and me and Tyler giving each other two hugs and kisses.
14. He still has a deep love of pushing things; the stroller, the shopping cart at the grocery store and pretty much anything else he sees with wheels.
15. He knows two colors, red and green. He also knows three shapes, circle, star and hearts. Also, every time he sees a star he breaks into the song "twinkle twinkle little star" and does the actions. So cute.
16. Whenever he sees a plane in the sky he says "Daddy, plane, sky" (does this mean Tyler travels too much?)
17. He is super friendly. No matter where we are, he will try and make friends with whoever is around whether it's adults or children.
18. He has been learning to swim and is doing so well. We put his little arm floaties on and he'll jump right in the pool and swim around (with me right by his side of course)
19. His favorite foods right now are eggs, cheerios with honey, pizza, noodles, cheese, pineapple and treats (any kind).
20. He has started going pee in the potty. Number two still freaks him out but he's great with number one. YAY! Hopefully soon,he'll be excited about doing both?

These are just some of the many things we adore about Owen right now. We are so grateful he is in our family! He is our best little buddy! Happy birthday little man!

8 comments:

Kaesy said...

Oh Owen. So cute. Love that he's going pee in the potty. What a stud. Also love that he reads Little Blue Truck. Our favorite book! I have it memorized (from reading it over and over) so sometimes when Max is pissed in the car I will just say the story to her. She has it mostly memorized too...oh man. Just what you wanted to know.

How's baby Elliott cooking?
Miss you!
Love Owen's cute face.
Happy Birthday!

T-Fam said...

Happy Birthday Owen it looks like you had fun!

Ally said...

Happy Birthday sweet boy! You are a great little buddy!

Side of Jeffrey said...

You ROCK Owen, I loved your party and can't wait for round 2. Kikimax and I love you and hope you have the best 3rd year ever as a big brudda!

Unknown said...

that little laugh at the end of that video is the cutest thing ever! oh my heck i love how happy he is and just so cute! looked like a very very fun day :)

Tyanna said...

YAY! I am so glad you posted pics of his b-day. One of my favorite pics is him eating the noodles--love how he has them by the handful. I also love that you guys just get to head to the beach together on any given day..how fun! You look great Britt! It was so nice to chat with you on the phone--makes me so excited for July!

Carrie Ann said...

I love that little guy! What a blessing his sweet little life is! I can't wait to hang with him (and YOU) in a couple of weeks! We'll party it up all over again!

Unknown said...

What a fun day!
You will love having 2! I think everyone feels that way when they only have one. BUt just wait. He'll be the best big brother and you won't be able to imagine your life with only 1.