Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas and Utah Randomness

Aren't kids in snow suits the cutest things ever? With their little hats and mittens and their poor little arms stuck mid-air because of puffy jackets? I really loved putting Owen in his little snow suit this year. I was super excited to take him outside and build a snowman with him. He was more excited about the prospect of knocking the snowman down once  me, my mom and dad finished building it. Oh well, he was still a lover of snow which made me super happy.

















Have I mentioned I love winter activities? Espeically the ones leading up to Christmas. Our family has a few traditions that I can't wait for each year.  My personal favorite, making popcorn balls and then heading out to see the Christmas lights.
























The only thing I hate about the Christmas season is when it's over. I love Christmas Eve but always feel sad Christmas morning. I get all sentimental and wishing it wasn't all going to be over with. I will say though that having Owen around this year made Christmas morning so much fun. He was super excited about the gifts (or the unwrapping of gifts). I won't bore you with a million Christmas pictures, just a few of my favorites from Christmas Eve and Christmas morning.

The three youngest got rocking horses.... so cute.


Owen loves Baby Jesus or "Baby Geez"

New train set from Santa

The Rhodes Clan

Loved the unwrapping



















Luckily my mom hates when Christmas is over as well so the week after Christmas, she had an after-Christmas Christmas party for the grandkids. It was fantastic. So much fun to be had and it made the holidays seem like they were lasting a titch longer.

Shoot the marshmallow through the snowman

Christmas Jeopardy


Wiggle the bells out of the box

Get ten puff balls in the bowl with just your nose


Painting window hangings























So much fun. What a great grandma! Owen and I were super excited to be there to take part.

A few things Owen discovered while in Utah:
1. His love of "The Grinch", not the cartoon, the one with Jim Carey. Also his love of Shrek. He watched them at least once a day if not more. What is it with our child and green monsters?
2. How much he misses being around grandparents and cousins.

Aren't they the cutest group of kids ever?

Grandpa Rhodes

Grandma Rhodes

Loved playing Wii with Grandma and cousins


















3. How to sing Ruldolph with actions and twinkle twinkle with actions. I'm not kidding, it's the cutest thing I've ever seen. I know I'm his mom but really... so cute.
4. His love of treats or as he calls them "teets". Living with Grandma for a month does that to a kid.
5. His love of boxes. My dad seriously wants to market boxes to parents. Every grandkid my parents have, ages 2-11 played in the box that my parents saved from their water heater.























6. He loves my dad's night ritual of cookies and milk. He wasn't such a fan of eating the cookies as he was of dunking them in Grandpa's milk and leaving them there.


















7. His favorite new trick "balancing a spoon on his nose"























I know this post is a bit lame and a little late (seeing that it's almost mid-January). One of my new years resolutions: Get back to the blog. I've been super lazy with it. Non-creative and hardly ever writing. Hopefully with the new year comes a new sense of creativity.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Why is your mom so dang cuet! Seriously I love her! And that Owen melts my heart everytime I see his sweet face. Glad he is doing so good!

Tyanna said...

YAHOO!!! So glad to see your Christmas pics and get an update. I think that shake the bells out of the box game is the cutest thing ever--leave it to your Mom. Loved seeing the pics of you...I feel like you hardly have a belly at all and look gorgeous as usual, and I am freaking huge and looking as hideous as I could look. Miss you guys lots & lots. p.s. Also loved the pics of Owen and your Dad dunking cookies...the cutest.

g-ma said...

Brit an Tyler:
It was so reassuring to see Owen back to normal. Loved all your pictures....Thanks for those, Love, Grandma Moffat

The Cushings said...

We had a great time with you being here! What great memories. Thanks for the help you gave me playing games and having fun over the holidays. WE MISS ALL OF YOU!!!

Emily said...

You couldn't do a post about Christmas without showing a picture of the box. The kids love that box. They love it! Forget gifts next year, my kids are getting boxes.