Sunday, January 30, 2011

Run for the Border

... Or "Think Outside the Bun" or "Eat Great Even Late"... whatever slogan you prefer, it all means the same thing, YUMMY Taco Bell.













Maybe not everyone shares the same sentiment but I've always been a fan of the Bell. Maybe it's because my dad managed one while he was in high school or maybe it's just because of their cinnamon twists. Whatever the reason, I was all about going to support our local TB when our new friends told us that there was a lawsuit against TB because someone thought they weren't using "real meat". Anyway, these new friends wanted to have a little "support your local Taco Bell party" and invited us along. Unfortunately, Tyler missed out on it because he was snorkeling on some beautiful island (or maybe working) but Owen and I were all about it.

This is our new friend Jeff. As you can see, he REALLY
 Loves Taco Bell.
His beautiful wife Caitlin and Owen's
new buddy Max


The John Family

Can you tell I'm super pregnant and loving my burrito?
I'm really not that big. It's because I'm the one closest
to the camera. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself as I look
at this.

Owen liked his burrito but was
a bigger fan of the straws and wrappers.



















Who cares if it's real meat or 80% meat 20% oats and other things. Whatever it is, it works.

After Taco Bell, we were invited over to our friend's place for some cookies and ice cream... so good. That was not Owen's favorite part though. Owen's favorite part was lying on the carpet with his buddy Eli and rolling around. Not sure if it was the joy of having carpet to lay on rather than tile or if he was being fun for Eli. Either way... they were so cute playing together.












Anyway, Tyler's been gone this week and because we hate when he's gone, we try to keep ourselves busy. Luckily we have friends that will hang out with us and invite us places even when I don't have a husband to bring around.

Some other things we've done this week....

A girl's night at our place to watch Arrested Development and eat good foods. We didn't really get to watch any Arrested Development because that's what happens when you get a bunch of girls together. Mostly they just chat. So sad that I didn't get any pictures but can I just say that I LOVE the girls' I've met here? I do. Love them.

Because of a good friend with a family pass to  a great science museum here in downtown Ft. Lauderdale, we checked that out. Owen was super impressed.
Did not want to get out of this car.



Driving the ambulance

Training to do a future tractor pull


He was pushing and pulling this vacuum with
him everywhere he went.



















Flight simulator


















 
We took a few walks. And speaking of walks... today on our walk, Owen was insisting on having a hat. Unfortunately, I didn't bring a hat for him so I had to make one out of my jacket. He didn't care whether it was a jacket or an actual hat. He sported it almost the entire time.
























We also went to a Jai Alai game; do you know what Jai Alai is? It's this...













We go more for the people watching that the game watching. At the Jai Alai stadium, they don't just have that, they also have poker, they have a counter where you can place bets on anything you can imagine and they have a snack bar where you can eat really cheap nachos and ice cream to your hearts desire. All of these things combined really bring in a great crowd. Super entertaining. 

But mostly we watched Shrek, the Grinch and Nemo and counted the minutes until this handsome guy came home to us.

















I keep wondering what I'm going to do when this baby girl comes along. I'm not sure that I can get out of the house with two. How do you go places with two kids? I can barely keep up with Owen at this point. How will I do with a baby in tow? I know my friends that have more than two are laughing at me right now because for them it's a breeze, but seriously... I'm a little nervous about it. I keep hoping Tyler just won't have to travel once I have the little lady but since there is no chance of that happening, I'm asking you to send any advice, tips and tricks to toting two kids around my way. It would be greatly appreciated.  

7 comments:

Kikal said...

So sad I missed out on Taco Bell. I would have sat closer to the camera in all of my pregnant glory so you would be smaller :)

Side of Caitlin said...

Thanks for being willing to indulge us in our "Support Taco Bell" activity. Can't wait for more adventures in the future!

Kaesy said...

Can I please already live in Florida with you and be your friend again too?

Also...how DOES anyone leave the house with two kids? I am ALSO freaking out about it!

Katie said...

Lets please go to Taco Bell again on a non school night, so I can go too! I love Taco Bell! It's really not as hard as you think to leave the house with 2 kids. Plus you are an amazing mom, so you'll do great! But I'm always willing to carry your baby around... :)

Emily said...

Taco Bell...haven't been there for awhile, but your pics were making it look tasty. Oh, and I was expecting much worst on the "closest to the camera" picture. You always look pretty ;)

Tyanna said...

Britt-
If there is anyone in this world who will be able to gracefully handle two little ones it is YOU. You are so easygoing and fun. I do worry about myself on the other hand...I will have an emotional breakdown around every corner...it will a lot of fun for everyone!

Adrienne Engar said...

Holy crap, I knew I loved you but now I love you even more because you share my love of Taco Bell. IT IS THE BEST! We make a run for the border about once a week. It might be the only thing my whole family agrees on. I love when Sydney says she wants a "dubbo decka" (doulbe decker).

Anyway don't worry about having to cart around 2, it does suck but you do what you gotta do!