Sunday, January 23, 2011

Orlando... yes please.

Let's get honest here... sometimes I REALLY miss Utah. I miss the seasons, I miss the mountains and most of all, I miss our families. Somedays I could really go for a big hug from my mom and dad (yes, I'm 32 years old). However, there are definitely times when Utah doesn't sound so great to me... times like this:

Have I mentioned that every time you tell Owen to say cheese he makes this face?
And usually looks away when he says it.















This week Tyler was headed to Orlando for work and suggested that Owen and I come along. He then mentioned that Sea World has an annual pass for Florida residence for $80. Yes, $80 for the whole year... isn't that fantastic? Well, I thought it sounded fantastic, so Owen and I decided to hitch a ride with Ty and come hang out at Sea World all week. I didn't get a ton of fantastic pictures because most of the time I was holding Owen or sitting so close I couldn't get a great picture but I'll post just a few favorites. BTW... there is this one place with the dolphins that they don't want you to take pictures because some professional is taking action shots and then they try to sell them to you,  well Owen pet one of the dolphins and the photographer got an amazing picture of it so I was all about buying it until I realized it was $20. $20 for a 6x8? I just didn't think I could do it. Does that seem like a ton to everyone else? I mean really... Anyway, some of the highlights:

Entering Sea World... YAY! Isn't he cute in those little sunglasses?


































Riding the rides. Again with that smile. Love this kid.

Planning the day
















We also did some swimming, relaxing (it is currently 10:15 am and Owen is still sleeping. How crazy is that?), and riding the trolley (Owen's favorite thing. He liked to ride on it and have me sing the wheels on the bus while on the bus. Such a little cutie).














Oh, we also hooked up for dinner with some friends that were here getting sealed in the Orlando temple. It was so great to hang with Dr. G and his wife. Owen couldn't get enough of them. He kept trying to do his "balance the spoon on your nose trick" for them.

































One more thing. I tried Dipping Dots, you know, the Ice Cream of the Future for the first time at Sea World. I don't get why they are still around or why they are still using that slogan. I'm still a way bigger fan of ice cream of the past.



















That's all.

Oh wait, maybe one more thing.... is this Valentine's background way too much? I want to be festive but man... not many options without being really loud about it.

6 comments:

Emily H said...

Love the background, love the pictures and yes $20 for a picture is way too much.

McKenzie said...

I really don't miss UT either when we're relaxing at the pool/park all day :) Owen is the cutest thing ever. And I love your hat.

Kaesy said...

I always read your blog on my Google Reader...and there your background doesn't show up and I can't comment. Lazy, lazy. But I HAD to actually visit your site to check out this LOUD background of yours after you said so. Guess what I was instantly reminded of? Valentine boxers for boys. Funny.

Owen is disgustingly cute. Seriously.

Please stop saying you miss Utah. We have been sick for 18 of the 24 days in January. My sickness prevented me from seeing you, then we got better for four days, only to catch round 2...I have honestly only left the house 3 times this month. I am sure the FLU from hell isn't anywhere near Sea World or the beach.

What the hell?

Miss you. Luf you. Wish I could hang out in Florida with you...SOON! Soon!

Tyanna said...

Love the background Britt...it really says, "Happy Valentines Day". All the new pics of Owen are GREAT-his little cheeser smile is the BEST. You are an awesome MOM for toting your little guy around Sea World all day. How fun!

The Cushings said...

We're still building snowmen while you are swimming and playing at sea world. Lucky you I say...

Emily said...

What is wrong with me? I am going to call you back tomorrow. I promise. Miss you!!!!!!

P.S. I could use some sun--I'm jealous.