Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Well...

I'm such a slacker. We went to Utah for two weeks and I was determined to blog while there. I didn't. I'm lame. I need to catch up now so... here are some highlights of our Utah trip.

Owen's first time to the Zoo

He loved it.


 












Favorite animal at the zoo? The tractor. Couldn't get enough. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of him and his love for the tractor.
And the other little kids. This is him trying to get the attention of that little girl. He loved her. She paid him no mind.















Anyone that knows Owen right now knows that he LOVES choo choo's (trains). He was able to ride hi first train on our trip to the zoo... loved it.



















Oh, the grossest thing that happened at the zoo? I was drinking a hot chocolate when all of the sudden I bring the cup up to get another sip and notice that there is BIRD POO on my cup. A bird pooped on my cup while I had it in my hand. Ughhh... isn't that disgusting?



















Other zoo pics...



















Owen wasn't the happiest in this pic but I promise he loves these little friends of his... See...















While in Utah, we also spent a lot of time with family. I was so happy to be able to spend some time with my grandparents. I want Owen to know them like I know them. They are such wonderful people and I feel so much gratitude that they are still around and still so much fun to spend time with. Why didn't I take some picture of them while there? I have no idea. I guess I was  too caught up in enjoying time with them to capture the moment.

We were there for the first snow fall. Some of you may not know this about me but the first snow fall is my favorite day of the year. I love how beautiful Utah is when it first snows. So excited we were there for it. Unfortutalely, this little baby that will soon be coming makes me very sleepy, and pretty dang sick. So instead of playing in the snow with Owen, I took a nap. But my wonderful mother stepped right up and made a snowman with him, So cute. She didn't have her camera out there wwhen they did the snowman. So sad right? I have seriously got to get better with taking picture.
We were there for Halloween. YAY! I love Halloween. Tyler  and I dressed up as Elvis and Priscilla Preslie (thanks Carrie!).











 I really really wanted Owen to be this:

but he wouldn't keep the beard on, so he was this:











Such a little cutie pie isn't he? We went to the Del Sol Halloween Party and there were a bunch of other little kids there. This little lady Tay was loving the Elmo costume. Just following him and hugging the head of the costume. It was so cute. I guess he knew what he was doing when he picked this costume out. He's already got a way with the ladies.









That night we took Owen trick or treating. I was probably more into it than he was. Chris and Kent (Tyler's parents) were totally laughing at how excited I'd get to go to the door or how even more excited I would get to answer the door and hand out candy. But really... isn't Halloween such a fun holiday?





























A few things that I would call opposite of highlights that happend in Utah.

We took Owen to his heart doctor and found out that he will in fact need surgery. We are going to head back to Utah in December to get it done. Rough thinking about our little man laying on an operating table but we keep thinking how grateful we are that it's a problem that can be fixed. Keep is in your prayers and we'll keep everyone updated.

Poor Owen had a rough week. On Halloween night he and Tyler were wrestling on the bed and Tyler tossed him onto the bed and Owen's arm landed underneath him and this happened:



















When we took him to the instacare we were thinking maybe it was just sprained, we walked into the place and Owen saw some fish across the room, he started running, tripped and landed right on the arm that was already hurt. Poor little guy... ended up with two little buckle fractures and has to wear a little cast for the next few weeks.
Side Note: When we took Owen to get the actual cast on here in Florida, we sat in the doctor office for FOUR HOURS. Not exaggerating. We were in the waiting room for two and a half hours and in the room waiting for the cast for an hour and a half.  Some other guy that was there for his child came up to us after we'd been there for two hours and said that it was like that every time he had been to that office
F
O
U
R

H
O
U
R
S

Sooooo long... way too long to be waiting with your one year old.
Anyway, that was a quick synopsis of our Utah trip. I didn't get to see half of the friends I wanted to see while in town or do half of the things I wanted to do but it was still a fantastic trip. We'll just need to stay longer next time we go.

5 comments:

Katie said...

I miss you. I love Owen. He is so cute! Also, at least the bird only pooped on the cup, and not on you :)

Tyanna said...

Yahoo!! So glad to see a new post from you. Love that Owen was Elmo, if Sen had been there she would have been following him and saying "Elmo, mine". So sad that he broke his little arm, but he looks so cute and so tough with that cast. I wish we could have been in Utah to hang out at the Del Sol party..what memories!!
Cant wait to hear about your trip to London.

Emily said...

It almost seems weird to see you guys in short-sleeved shirts in those pictures. I have gotten used to seeing you in coats and jackets here :) Oh, and I love that Owen loves choo-choos!

The Cushings said...

Even though I was there for most of the pictures, I loved seeing them and reading your post. Tricker Treating looked like fun! He's so cute.

Carrie Ann said...

It's so hard to come home and do everything you want and see everyone you want to see! It was so wonderful to see you guys and I already can't wait for Christmas! I am sad that December will be a little rough for Owen, we're here for you!