Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hanging with the Travis and Emily Cushing Family- Part Two

So since Owen was born, Tyler and I have had probably three dates without him present. Em and the kids offered to take Owen all day Thursday so that Tyler and I could have some "alone time" in the city together. It was such a fantastic day. We got into London a little later than we had originally planned because that's how Tyler and I do things so we knew we were only going to be able to see a couple of things before they closed for the day (everything closes for tours at like 3:30 or 4:00 in the afternoon). We decided to hit up the Tower of London first things first. It was amazing...
This nice guy showed us around the place























































































We were there for about two or three hours and wished we could have stayed  longer because there was so much to see . We probably only saw like half of what we could have seen but we also wanted to hit up St. Paul's Cathedral so we knew we had to get out of there. We decided to walk, which took a little longer than expected but it was so fun to walk around the city.  We did end up getting to St. Paul's Cathedral just before they closed for the day and got to take a tour. It is an amazing place.

View from the top... isn't it gorgeous?















From there we decided to go see WICKED!!! YAY! I was so excited. I read the book years ago and have wanted to see the play for years but we've never really had the opportunity. We figured this was our chance. We headed to a nice Italian dinner and then to the show!





























It was so much better than I ever even thought it would be. It was so fantastic and so fun to have a day alone with my handsome hubby.
THANKS Em and kids for hanging with Owen all day!

Friday we got up and headed to the Oracle (a shopping center near Em and Trav's place) and hit up H&M for some new clothes... YAY for H&M! Love that place.
We had planned on getting an early start and getting to this place called Avebury early in the day but of course, because it's how we do things, we got there much later than planned and were so bummed when we got there and realized how amazing it was. I had never even heard of Avebury until we got to England but Em and Trav told us about it and had never been there so we decided to check it out.  It's this really cool place with huge stones like Stonehenge but you can actually walk up to and touch the stones, not just look at them.



























So sad I didn't get a pic of Owen's favorite part of Avebury... there were sheep just grazing in the field with us. He was so excited about them.
After we left the stones we headed to a nice little French dinner. Yummy.













Don't judge me for the mess on Owen's face. I honestly don't remember it being that big of a mess when we were at dinner or I promise I would have wiped him up before taking pictures.
Anyway, such a fun day.
Friday we got up and headed to Stonehenge first thing in the morning. Really cool to see it in person for sure.














Owen was so interested in the Audio tour Tyler was getting







As you can see, Owen didn't care as much about the stones as he did about rolling around in the grass around the stones.
After Stonehenge we headed to Bath. This was one our favorite places that we visted the whole trip.


Tyler was really excited to check our the Roman Baths while we were there. I'm so glad we did. It was such an amazing place.



I would highly suggest it if you find yourself in the area.
Sunday was just a super relaxing day spent at church and with some way nice friends of Em and Trav's that invited us to dinner. So nice of them.
Even though we spent every day seeing amazing things, Owen's favorite pastime was hanging with cousins and playing "choo choo's" whenever we found ourselves at home. Even two weeks later he is asking for Ty and Car and choo choo's. So cute.



We had such a fantastic time and are so grateful for Trav, Em and kids hosting us for ten days. Thanks for showing us such a good time!

8 comments:

Ally said...

so stinking fun! I can't believe you went there. Oh and BTW...Ownen is looking SO much more like YOU Britt! I love seeing him!

brandy said...

Remember when we were in Europe and we said we would only come back with our husband next time because it is so romantic? You did!! How fun is that? You look so cute in these pictures! What a difference a hostel makes huh? Loved the pictures...

The Cushings said...

What a fun trip for you guys and to spend the day together with your sweetie! I loved Wicked also. What a great trip. Travis, Emily and the kids are such great hosts!

Tyanna said...

So cool that you got to see WICKED!!!..and it London too. Loved all the pics of Owen, he is getting so big and I agree with Ally, he is looking a little more like you--he is SO stinkin' cute.

Kaesy said...

Your trip looks unreal and your hat is so cute!
We need to talk!

Also...please stop rubbing in the fact that you're in a swimsuit and I'm wearing 15 layers. I know I'm small but I could do some serious damage...

Emily said...

Wish you guys were still here...sigh. I loved reading what you wrote about our time together. We went to Stonehenge and Bath again on Monday. When we passed Martinis I thought of you guys. :)

* said...

I am sick of being jealous of all the fun stuff you are always doing. That is AWESOME that you got to go there. Someday I will go to europe...someday. Until them I will just live through you.

Chelsea said...

I hate it when you say you dont look good in hats, because my dear..you do. You are such a babe.