Saturday, November 13, 2010

Futbol

When Tyler and I were dating, had been dating for almost two years he decided to take a trip with some friends and their girlfriends to Germany for the World Cup. Since Tyler had a hard time deciding whether or not he really wanted me to be called his girlfriend, I was not invited. He had a bunch of good excuses, like that they purchased all of the tickets before he and I were really very serious, or that it would cost a lot of time off work and money (neither of which I had). I admit it... I was really bummed about it. I had grown up watching soccer, playing soccer and loving soccer. I wanted so badly to be  number 1. travevling with Tyler and number 2. Watching soccer at the world cup in Germany.
Since that time, it's been a running joke with us. Whenever soccer or the world cup comes up in conversation Tyler will ask me why I didn't come along when they went. I act like it's not funny and then he promises to make it up to me at some point.
It finally happened. By way of my older brother Travis, me and Tyler were finally able to go to a real life European Futbol game together. To make it even better, my sis-in-law Em and nephew Carter came along for the game as well.































































Am I really going to give Tyler credit for this and let him get away with the fact that I wasn't invited to go along to the world cup? Definitely not... I mean let's be honest, it was Travis who really invited us and got us the tickets so Tyler can't really be taking credit for that now can he?

7 comments:

Ally said...

How stinking fun! I have ALWAYS wanted to go to England!

Kikal said...

Definitely not. I think the best way will be one day when you guys have a bunch of kids... and you're stressed to the max and about to pull your hair out; and he comes home and surprises you with tickets.

fattooth said...

One time, Tyler hit me in the crotch with a wooden baseball bat. Doesn't really have much to do with this post, but it seems fitting somehow. Maybe Travis should take me to a soccer game.

Nate, Jenny and Amelia said...

SOO jealous. That looks like so much fun!!

Emily said...

Okay, who is fattooth? That had me laughing. We miss you guys! boo-hoo The Butterfly House just isn't the same without you guys.

Carrie Ann said...

No, he is not off the hook yet, but this is a good start. We LOVE going to soccer games with you! Can we meet you in Europe sometime?

The Cushings said...

I think having visitors go to London gives Travis an excuse to go to soccer games! He loves it like you do. What fun.