Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Getting our Fall On

You know how in Florida it's like a million degrees, even now? Well, I was really craving me some fall weather and some Halloween festivities. Luckily, we had a little trip planned out to Utah this week... perfect timing to get our fall fill.
This weekend we were super lazy and just hung out, played trains and cars and spent some time with family.

Cars with Grandpa. Cute.

Loves his Uncle Derek
Oh and took a ride up the canyon. I couldn't wait to get up in the mountains and take a hike but... not feeling up to hiking right now (our soon to be addition really hates me to do much other than lay around and hug the toilet), we just drove up the canyon and visited some family up there. It was perfect.

Now as I've mentioned before my mom is so super into holidays. Halloween is no exception. Last night she threw a Halloween bash for the grandkids. It was fantastic. It was filled with all things Halloween.

Such as:

Halloween Sherades. Hannah being a spider


Halloween Toy Toss. The kids let Owen cross the line to toss it in. Unfair advantage.

Bobbing for worms in whipping cream (mmmm... yummy)
Pin the nose on the pumpkin

Halloween Cake Walk (for prizes, not cake)


We played all games for prizes. This was Owen's prize bucket. Don't worry, everyone's prize bucket looked like this. In my mom's world, nobody ever loses. Everyone wins and to be fair, everyone wins the same prizes.
Could this lady be any more fun? Really... such a fun grandma.

Off to such a great Halloween start. Luckily we are here for another week and a half so we'll get plenty more Halloween fun in. YAY for Utah in the Fall!



11 comments:

Ally said...

She is amazing! I'm glad you are here! It's been the PERFECT weather!

Unknown said...

haha that looks like the best party ever! Those are like the kind you used to have in school but i bet even better because the kids aren't smelly ones you don't know

Emily H said...

Call me! Lets do lunch or something!!

Emily said...

Oh how I wish we could have been there :( Next year. And then hopefully you'll be visiting again so we can be there together.
Oh, and Sherrill is the funnest (not a word) Grandma!

r+s+a laney said...

you told me your brother was cute...not HOT! haha. Is he still taking out Tiffany? See ya next week!

The Cushings said...

We are having so much fun in the fall with Owen and Brittany. More fun to come when Tyler gets here. FUN and FALL! two great f words.

Kira said...

Seriously?? Can she be my grandma too? What a darling idea and what fun memories to have with cousins, grandma and family. Glad you are having fun!!

JT said...

How super cute! What great ideas! Hopefully I'll get to see you for a quick second before you're off again to the other side of the country...

Chelsea said...

I adore your mom.
I really do.

What a fun holiday. I am so so glad you are here. Wish you could stay through all the holidays.

Tyanna said...

Can't wait to hear about all your fun times!! P.S. I wish I could have gone to the Cushings for all the GREAT TIMES!

Carrie Ann said...

I know you are not feeling well. It was SOOOO FUN to have you here for a little while. I'm glad you were here for Halloween. Did Owen get a little cast? I'll bet it is TINY. When do we get to see a picture of that? I hope you will feel better soon. Hurry and blog!