Monday, October 4, 2010

Who Indeed?

A few days before Tyler's Birthday I went to get a card for him. I  love looking at cards. I could spend hours standing in the card aisle reading and reading... or wait... is it that I have such a hard time finding a good card that I end up spending hours looking for one that I could give to someone and actually feel good about it? Either way, this day, Owen and I were in Target and I had been looking for the perfect card for my perfect husband for-EVER. Owen was sitting patiently in the stroller next to me (really... shocker right?), when out of the blue I heard this. I shrug it off thinking that someone must just really love annoying early 2000 singles hits as their ringtone but then I heard it again and again... I look to see where it is coming from and lo and behold, it's coming from my child. Not that he was singing it, the card he was holding and loving was singing it every time he opened it up. I decide it's probably as good a card as any since Owen picked it out for his dad and we were on our way.

Fast forward a month... this card has been the most fantastic (or annoying?) birthday card ever. Owen walks around with it constantly, openeing and closing it, dancing to it. So cute. He totally knew what he was doing when he picked it out.
Please excuse  the messy house and the annoying voice in the background.

In other Owen news, a few new things he is doing.
1. He loves shoes. He goes in to our room, digs out my shoes and brings them to me and Tyler and wants us to put them on and walk around the house in them. He also loves wearing my shoes. He's constantly walking around in heels. (Should I not admit that my son prefers heels?)
2. He loves a clean house. Even if it's food he's dropped on the floor, he points to it and yells yuck until you wipe it up. He also loves pushing around the broom and the swiffer or bringing them to me and having me hold him while I push around the broom or the swiffer.















3. He loves kicking, throwing and catching balls. He loves running through the house kicking his soccer ball and he is just figuring out how to catch the ball when you throw it to him.
4. He loves trucks. He loves standing at the window looking out when the garbage or recycling truck come down the street. He'll also points out every truck we pass when we're driving "Mommy, truck, mommy, truck, mommy truck" until you look at what he is pointing at. So cute.















5. He loves boats, we actually purchased one (I promise to write a post about it soon) a couple weeks ago. It's parked in our front yard and every day, all day he comes to me and Tyler saying "Outside, boat, outside, boat". He likes to go sit in it and act as though he's driving it around. We can't wait to get him his own little captain's hat. 
6. He loves to read. A few times we haven't been able to hear him and we'll go look in his room and his sitting in the rocking chair by himself, reading a book. So cute.
7. Some things that he loves doing that mom and dad maybe don't love so much... putting food on his head to get a laugh, throwing food, either to get a laugh or just because he loves to throw things and taking off his pants... he hates wearing pants. Also, we've started seeing a bit of a stubborn side. This boy knows what he wants and is bound and determined to get it.

It's so fun to see all of the new things he is constantly doing. I have no idea what Tyler and I did for entertainment before he came along. He is the perfect addition to our little family. We just LOVE this little dude!


8 comments:

cambersue said...

Oh man that is hilarious about the card. My mom bought PRes a little mermaid card for her 3rd birthday and it survived a couple months...she would carry around a stool and then stand on it and belt "up where they walk, up where they run..." I'm sure you can imagine it:) Gotta love those cards!
p.s. owen is getting so stinking cute! i wish our two little guys could play...sounds like they have a lot in common:)

Ally said...

He's adorable in every way. He shakes his booty like his mommy too! Miss you guys!

Unknown said...

ok i only wish i could have as sweet of dance skills as Owen does! i pretty much need to come out for dance lessons :)

The Cushings said...

For some reason I couldn't hear the card but I loved seeing Owen dancing. He is so cute.... I can't wait to give that little guy a hug in a week and a half.

Tyanna said...

LOVE his moves--what a handsome boy! The picture of you two is the sweetest. He has the dreamiest face!

Nate, Jenny and Amelia said...

I can't believe I didn't know you had a blog. Where have I been? I love the movie of your man dancing. What a mini-Tyler!

Carrie Ann said...

My friend has a little vacuum toy for her two-year-old. It looks exactly like a real vacuum just miniaturized. She said that she actually has to hide her real vacuum or else he will INSIST that she vacuums all day long. I like kids with clean habits. Sorry about the food in the hair for laughs... He IS Tyler's son!

Emily said...

He is the cutest. Trav and I just watched the video together and we were laughing. Can't wait to see him (and you guys) in a couple of weeks. We'll put him to work with our vacuum! :)