Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lucky


 I am always excited for St. Patrick's Day, you know because it's my anniversary and all but this year I was SUPER excited for it because it's my anniversary AND Owen is at the best age for holidays. He is totally starting to get it. When we woke up this year, we went on a little hunt for treasure.

If you're wondering, yes, Owen is wearing winter pajamas when it is 85 degrees outside. This kid loves his footie pajamas.


I made Tyler go on the hunt with him. I don't know if he was super happy about it but he's always a good sport about this kind of stuff. Owen loved finding the clues and Tyler loved that when they got to the treasure, his anniversary gift was in it.

After the treasure hunt was some green eggs and green smoothies for breakfast. Yummm, I really love spinach smoothies. Oh and Owen couldn't resist also eating some of his green candy for breakfast. I'm a horrible mother and let him do it. It was a holiday, you can't say no to eating candy on a holiday.


Later that day we went to the beach for a St. Patrick's Day bbq. Our camera ran out of battery after I took one pic so this is what you get.
Since St. Patrick's Day is also our anniversary (it's been five years people and we're still going strong. YAY for marraige!), Tyler and I decide to get a sitter and head to Melting Pot for dinner.
 I really love it. Can you tell?

 I promise you that even though it's green and maybe doesn't look amazing, it was. It really really was. How LUCKY for us too that on St. Patrick's day, it was all you can eat chocolate fondue. Tyler and I weren't shy and tried a few different kinds, just because we could.
I am so lucky to have this guy in my life. I feel like he is the perfect fit for me. He is the best husband, father, friend, comedian, grill master, priesthood holder, popcorn maker, listener and everything else a girl could want in a man. Thanks for being the boy of my dreams Tmophat!!

I mentioned a few posts ago that a small group of us get together for a craft day once a month and this month was our turn to host.
Even though it was a few days after St. Patrick's Day, I stayed with the theme. I figured the kids wouldn't care and since my friends are pretty legit, they wouldn't care either. We made some St. Patrick's hats:



Ate some green cupcakes:


And because I'm a little lazy and wanted to keep things simple, I just used the same leprachaun gold hunt that I had made for Owen on St. Patrick's Day.


Is it sad that their treasure was kept in an old tuperware bowl instead of a black pot? I'm such a disappointment sometimes.

After the hunt was everyone's favorite part. The ladies talk:

While the kids do this:

Oh yeah, and thanks to my wonderful husband of five years, for working in the other room throughout this whole craft day. While the kids were playing loudly and the mothers were talking even more loudly, he was in his office making money so we could host another one of these in a few months.
Didn't I tell you he was perfect?



.


6 comments:

T-Fam said...

So fun. You guys got married the same year as us. Ps. the craft day was so fun. Thanks for having us.

jos said...

ya um I realized Ty was in the other room AFTER we began our VERY loud conversation about breast feeding troubles and pap smears! SORRY TY man of the year for sure...

Unknown said...

What a fun St Patricks Day! I've never been to the Melting Pot but I've always wanted to and now seeing your picture I know I need to. And how nice would it be to have 85 degree weather in march?
Oh did you see I replied to your comment about getting your blog made into a book?

Tyanna said...

I LOVE that you have such a fun group of Moms to hang with!! I so wish I lived there, so I could attend the group and inform all of them about how strong you are cause you used to carry like six gallons of water at a time...and how you were the best receptionist at Del Sol ever had and how I was the second best...they also need to know how LUCKY they are to get to hang with you and stuff. It looks like you guys had a fantastic anniversary--SO YUMM! Also, I love that first pic of Collette--she is a DREAM. Owen too...but of course that is a given

Katie said...

Umm, thanks for posting a picture of my butt!! AAHH!! JK :) Thanks for the fun craft & treasure hunt! Treasure hunts are always the best!

brandy said...

Happy Anniversary!! You two are so cute together. And what a fun anniversary to have it on St. Patrick's Day! You should make a trip to Chicago on one of your anniversary's and see the river that they turn green! That would be so much fun! Here's to 5 years and many many more years of happiness!