Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Christmas

Sorry you're still having to read about Christmas. Do people hate that? One month later still reading about Christmas? Too bad... Christmas deserves being posted about.

We spent our Christmas holiday in St. George with Ty's parents and sister this year. It was such a blast! Tyler's mom is a way fun Grandma and had "themed days" throughout our visit.

There was Car Day:
Cars and car carpet and riding a big wheele (his car) to the park:

Dinosaur Day:
Dinosaur books and every type of dinosaur toy available in St. George.

Creative Day:
White board and play dough and a ton of other things creative:


Pretend Day:
Reading the story about the gingerbread man and then making them.
Also, Ty's mom kept all of their dress up clothes from when they were young. So fun, especially when you have a two year old wearing clown pajamas and a seven month old daughter you can put wigs on.


Seriously though, isn't she the cutest little lady ever?

Music Day:
Full of musical instruments and Tyler playing the recorder while Collette played in a basket. She loved this. Loved it.


We also spent time at the movies, shopping and lunch with the girls (so fun), hiking, and time at the park. Where I think Tyler and I had as much fun as Owen did. This park is seriously amazing.


Christmas Eve was so great.We had the most amazing dinner of tri-tip steak (not to brag or anything but Tyler makes the BEST tri-tip steak EVER- for reals people).

Yummmy.

We had some unexpected guests at the last minute, a super nice older couple. During our nice quiet dinner conversation, there was a lull in conversation. Of course during the silence Owen yelled as loud as he could, "POO POO, DOGGY POO POO!". You may wonder why or where that came from. Great question. If you figure it out, could you let us know? Owen has just started saying it and laughing super hard. He has also taken to singing every song he knows and substituting the words bum into it. Like Jingle Bells, it's now Jungle Bum. Why does my two year old think this is hilarious?

Next we read and acted out the story of Jesus birth.
Honestly though, isn't this the cutest shephard boy you've ever seen?

Then opened the Christmas Eve pajamas.

Christmas was so fanstastic. We woke up and Owen went to town on his gifts.


 

Church was next and was so nice. I think I love having Christmas on a Sunday. When we got back, we had a big breakfast and returned to the openeing of presents.

Ty was amazing and got me waterskis (YAY!) and a Nordstrom GC. I guess when your husband sees you wearing holey shorts, the same shirts day and after day and nothing but Old Navy $3.00 flip flops for months, he is influenced into the fantsastic gift of shopping. Thanks baby!

Yes, this is what I look like in the morning. I'm not ashamed that I have bed head, no makeup and super soft comfy pajamas.


Tyler's favorite Christmas gift were his Billy Bob teeth. And why wouldn't they be? I love these boys.

Thanks Rhodes parents for an amazing trip!

5 comments:

brandy said...

I don't mind Christmas a month later one bit! Guess what? You MIL has the same Christmas china my mom has and it made me smile :)

So glad you had a great Christmas. A Nordy's gc would make anyone's Christmas! Happy shopping girl!!

Your little fam is so adorable.

Tyanna said...

Oh YAY!!! I was so excited to see you posted about Christmas. It was fun to see all the pics of what you were telling me about today! Tylers Mom is such a fun Grandma.
It was SO great to talk to you today! I felt like I was a bit of a Debbie Downer and you were so kind and encouraging and it was just nice to hear your voice.
Also, thank you for the very kind comment you left on my blog....it made me get tears in my eyes..and it made me miss you SO much. Thanks for being my friend Britt. You look FANTASTIC, by the way!!...always gorgeous but skinny and tan after two babies!!! I need you as a personal coach ( :

Chelsea said...

How lucky for Owen to have such amazing Grandmas on both sides. Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. And Tylers steaks do look delish.
So fun seeing you guys. I miss you.

Carrie Ann said...

I'm just getting caught up. Christmas was awesome! Chris and Kent are amazing grandparents and we can't wait for Oliver to experience that kind of fun! You guys have been to some fun holiday parties, but really, where ever you guys are it's always a party!

Sherrill Cushing said...

I love the pic of Owen and Tyler! What a fun Christmas... we did miss you here though. Chris is really on the ball.. What great memories