Saturday, October 1, 2011

Florida is not...

Florida is not all sunshine and beaches my friends. I'll tell you why. You move here and the friends you make will leave you for somewhere more permanant. In the past year, I have had six of my close friends leave me for greener pastures (or somewhere other than here).

This was the first girl I met at a church function in Florida. She taught us sushi making and talked running with me. She left us for Oregon.
This sweet woman I only knew for a short time but felt like we were just meant to be forever friends, with her love of P90X and my love of her inviting me to do P90X with her. And her great conversation skills. She left me for Tampa.
Let's not leave out this pretty lady, who became a close friend by spending her days at the pool with me and Owen. Thank goodness she now only lives an hour and a half away so we are still lucky enough to see her now and then. (P.S. Sheree, can't believe we don't have one picture together... let's fix that.)
This is one of my closest friends and hairdresser (oh, how my hair needs you back Kristi!) who left me for St. Louis.
This was my first and best friend here in Ft. Laudy Daudy. She, her husband and Eli are now in Utah. Can't wait for January when they are headed back our way!
This past week my other best friend (Ty Powell, you know how I have more than one at a time), left me for Chicago.
You've seen she, her husband and their darling little boy on our blog many times because these guys were always up for hanging out and they are so so much FUN! They will be greatly missed by the Rhodes family. On Friday we decided to throw a little going away party for them, since that's what the Mulcock's do best... PARTY! We called up a few other friends, ordered us some pizza and did some talking, swimming, eating fattening foods, you know all the things a good party consists of.
 Luke and Brian enjoying the pizza.
Kim and Janelle enjoying the pizza.
 ok, so everyone enjoyed the yummy pizza.
 The kids played and played and played...
 Like I said, we also did a lot of talking...
 and talking...
 And talking...
 These two little ladies were exhausted.
 And more playing. Owen loved this wagon, too bad it left with Jeff, Cait and Max.
See, don't they look fun? They are. It hasn't even been a week and we're missing them like crazy! COME BACK!!!

11 comments:

Tyanna said...

I left a comment on your previous post cause I hadn't seen it yet, and now I feel like I need to leave another one because I GOT MENTIONED specifically in this post. I would just like to say, that you having more than one best friend at a time is something I have ALWAYS loved about you. Between lugging our rollerskates to St Thomas and break-room Cosco shopping in Sandy, Utah, I love that I got to be one of your besties too.

Side of Caitlin said...

Ahhh We miss you guys so much! I can't believe we are back in Chicago! Its nice to finally be back with all our furniture, but we really miss you guys! We will start planning a trip soon!

Chelsea said...

Oh Britt, and you left us for Ft Lauderdale...such a good move.
Looks like loads of fun.
Good thing you are so dang good at making friends and so much fun.
You will have a whole new crop of friends before you know it.

cambersue said...

Oh how we miss being there!!! We miss the beach, the pool, the SUSHI, the friends, the beach....the sun...sigh. We really need to come visit!

Unknown said...

We were meant to be forever friends girlie! You were the fastest friend I think I've ever made....maybe it's not all these girls that are awesome, it's you! Miss ya like crazy!

Unknown said...

So I thought I would enjoy hearing that Florida is not wonderful all the time, but instead I feel for you. :) That must be hard to see friends leave. Hang in there!

McKenzie said...

Seriously so sad living here. Thanks for planning the fun party!

r+s+a laney said...

Brit thanks for the post! I can't believe we don't have a picture together...next time we're there we will. It was a great party! Thanks for inviting us :).

Side of Jeffrey said...

Florida's great because you can just move down there for a little while, meet amazing people, and then leave. Thanks Florida for providing amazing friends that stay their longer than 9 months! The one great thing is that 9 months is long enough to establish "forever friends." BFFS yo.

Kaesy said...

you look beautiful. love your hair color these days.

Carrie Ann said...

This is a little sad. Your friends are so nice, I'm glad I have been able to meet a few of them over the past couple of years. But you will always have good friends wherever you go because you have a happy talent for being friendly. Everyone wants to be your friend! And before you know it, it will be YOU guys leaving friends behind (and coming back to US!).