Sunday, February 13, 2011

Free weekend fun? Ok. We'll take it!

My good friend Katie told me about a Carnival they do every year at Nova College (the school most of our friend's husbands are currently attending) and mentioned that everything at the Carnival is FREE. Yes People... free. The food, the crafts, the fun, everything. Free. I typically don't jump at just anything because it's free but a free carnival? I was ready to jump the second she mentioned it. And let me just say, it did not disappoint. And not only because it was free. But because they had things like this:
















Owen loved it for a minute until Tyler thought he would gently bounce him and the bungee's had a lot more spring than Tyler or Owen were expecting. Oops...
And things like this:




















Sharks and slides combined? Is there anything better for an almost two year old?


















Free snow cones? mmmmm.... yummy. Oh and lots of free other food too.
































And how about a  play area just for the little tykes filled with cars to drive around and springy horses to ride. We'll take some of that.

















































So funny, Owen was loving the teeter totter and saw someone sitting on one end so he went and got on the other end. He didn't realize the little girl was using it as her reading spot and just started going to town while this poor little girl was trying to get in a good read. Luckily she looked at me and Tyler and said "I don't mind" when we realized what was happening.















After a couple of hours we decided to head out. Such a good time. Thanks for letting us know about it Katie!

That wasn't the only free fun we were in store for this weekend. We've got another buddy who has some hook ups at the Dolphin's stadium where they were holding a Monster Truck Jam last night. He was kind enough offer us tickets and we were quick to accept the offer.
















I seriously don't know if it's the fact that I met a driver of a Monster Truck when I was at Cherry Hills once as a kid (even got a signed autograph on a piece of brown paper bag) or if it's that I grew up with all brothers  BUT I seriously love Monster Truck shows. I think more than Owen even did, although he thoroughly enjoyed it too.
Some of my favorite shots:

















How nerdy that I was excited about some of these shots, really thinking like "whoa, that was an amazing jump!" or " Can you believe that guys wheel came off in mid-air?" but really, that what I was thinking. Loved it.
















This is Owen telling me about the truck crashing and the wheel coming off. He loved it too.

YAY for friends with free hook ups. Love you guys, and not only for your free stuff.

6 comments:

Side of Caitlin said...

What a fun weekend! I'm bummed we missed the FREE carnival. Hopefully we'll have some good hookups that we can share with you down the road!

Unknown said...

First of all I'm super jealous of that free carnival! I want to go and I don't even have kids! Second, that jumping video was too cute, poor guy!

Tyanna said...

I am so sad that the video isn't working on my dumb computer! Love the new pics. Oh how I wish it were warm enough here for a carnival....heck, I'd even be willing to pay if it got us out of the house. Miss you guys!

Unknown said...

What a fun carnival. I would totally have gone. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Emily said...

Nothing beats carnivals and Monster Truck shows. I have to say, your Monster Truck Show looks way better than the one we went to in the fall. A wheel came off? That's cool.

Side of Jeffrey said...

Positively white trash! I love it!