Friday, May 7, 2010

The Todd and Carrie Rhodes Family

Don't you just love them? Those of you who know them do, I'm sure of it. Those if you who don't, you would if you knew them. Anyway... they came and spent some time in South Florida with us this past week and it was fantastic. As you can see below, Owen loves them. He misses them immensely.













Last week Todd had a business trip in Orlando and Tyler had to go up to Orlando last week to visit the Del Sol store so Carrie tagged along with Todd and Owen and I tagged along with Tyler so we could all spend some quality time together.
While the men worked, Carrie, Owen and I pretty much stuck around the hotel, played in the pool, went shopping and ate way too much (story of my life)... seriously why do I love food so much?
Oh and took Owen on his first boat ride. He loved it and wasn't bothered at all by the life jacket, at least for the first five minutes but then he pretty much freaked out. Luckily he fell to sleep pretty soon after we left the dock.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Saturday we came back to Ft. Lauderdale so they could hang with us here for a few days. We pretty much spent every minute at the beach. Carrie kept saying that while they were here, they needed to take advantage of the beach so we totally did. We went down to the beach on Saturday night and grilled up some food and played in the water a bit.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
On Sunday we went to church and then went down to Hollywood beach and walked along the boardwalk and Monday we spent hours just laying in the sand. Since Tyler was home working, Todd was honorary dad for the day. Owen couldn't get enough of digging in the sand with him. (Thanks Uncle Todd!)
Have I said that I love my life right now? Because I really really do. Anyway, that night, we headed out on the water taxi and checked out some of the houses and yachts around here. There are some amazing yachts and houses, our water taxi guide told us one of the yachts was Brad Pitt's. We believed him for about two seconds before we noticed a giant British flag flying high on the one end of the boat. Brad Pitt's not British right?
On Tuesday we went to Shark Valley... I was so bummed because when my mom was here, we saw so many alligators, turtles and birds just out and about enjoying the day but when we took Todd and Carrie there, because of the heat, the animals loved the water. We only saw a few alligators and they were all water bound but this guy came out to say hi...
Hello Turtle.
 It was still great. We got some exercise on the bikes, which was needed. You can't see Owen because he's riding on the back of my bike. If you look closely though, you can see his little legs below the bike seat.
That night we decided to head down to South Beach and get some dinner (shocker right? another beach scene? We really couldn't get enough).
Wednesday Carrie and Todd were heading out so we didn't have time for the beach, otherwise I'm sure we would have found our way down there. Instead the boys headed over to Bass Pro Shop for lunch while Carrie and I spent some time at Sephora... We love that place.
Once we got home, it was time to say goodbye. I was so bummed... I hate when people have to leave. Why can't every one of our friends and family just move down here? Then we could hang at the beach all day every day. Do you think we would ever get sick of it? I know I wouldn't... 

No comments: