Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Fun Ship

I guess all Carnival cruises are called the "Fun Ship" but we just got back from a four dayer and it truly was on a "fun ship".
For work, Tyler was going on a cruise to visit Key West and Cozumel so Owen and I decided to tag along so we could see the sights and not miss out on Tyler time at night. I won't bore you with what we did every minute of the cruise because honestly it was mostly filled with the swimming time at the kiddy pool  and napping but I do want to give a few highlights of our favorite things from the cruise.
The first thing I saw when I got off the ship in Key West was this:
What is this?  Also, if you're thinking that is a real guy underneath the sculpture, you're wrong. It's part of the sculpture. Seriously... what is this? It's so weird. I couldn't stop staring at it. Anyway, besides staring at this sculpture, Owen and I walked around, ate some amazing key lime fudge and saw a guy riding his Harley with  no shoes, no shirt, his gray hair all the way down his back and a parakeet standing on his head. I am so sad I didn't get a picture of him. It was awesome.
When we got back from Key West, it was formal night on the ship... Tyler and I had no idea there would be a formal night on a 4 day trip so we didn't pack anything for the dinner. This is what Tyler ended up wearing:
Tyler borrowed some super nice pants from some guy he knew on the ship and then rocked his reebok classics as his formal shoes and his guayabera as his formal shirt. Sexy...
Our next stop was Cozumel. We were really excited to hit Cozumel because although Tyler was going to be working most of the time, he was also going to get to see a lot of his old friends while we were there. While he was in the store, Owen and I walked around in the rain and played with just about every morraca Owen saw (it was his favorite part of Cozumel by far). That night we went to dinner at one of Tyler's favorite restaurants with some of his friends, Oscar, Inair and their kids. It was so fun to be able to hang out with them for a while. Oh... Owen's other favorite thing about Cozumel was guacamole:

The last day of the cruise was the day at sea. All day, we spent at the kids pool and napping. While at the kiddie pool there was a hairiest chest contest going on. There was a guy named Alvin in the contest who had to be like 90 years old. I don't think he had one hair on his chest but he won by a landslide because he was so into it. The ladies were loving him. I'm way sad we didn't get a picture from the front but here is one of him from the back. Also, here is a picture of him in the thick of it with the ladies. You can't even see Alvin, except for his curly gray head in the middle of all of these women dancing up on him...
That night we were able to go to one of the shows on the ship. Second in line to the nude dancing sculpture in Key West, it was the most graphic thing about the trip. I've never seen so many women's butts and crotches in my life. I guess it was in the name of art but Tyler and I just thought it was weird. Owen thought it was hilarious and laughed and clapped throught the whole show.
Oh, remember how I said we did nothing but play at the kiddie pool and nap? I was wrong, we also ate... too much. By the end of the trip, Tyler and I had a combined weight gain of ten pounds. It was fantastic.


3 comments:

Tyanna said...

OH WOW!!! How fun!! And Owen's only a year old and already on his first cruise. I am SO jealous. Love the last pic of the fam Britt--you guys all look GREAT!!

Emily H said...

BRIT!! I didn't even know you had a blog! I have been sitting here for the last hour reading it!! That is the same cruise we are doing.. I am so excited to see You!!

brandy said...

Aren't cruises the best? The 10 pounds you gain in a week is totally worth it, huh? That naked scultpture reminded me of when we saw the David in Florence. Remember we couldn't starring at the nakedness :) Aww...the memories.