Monday, May 17, 2010

Love this lady...

So I know Mother's Day was over a week ago and I had every intention of writing a blog post about my amazing mom but never sat down to do it. So like the old saying goes "better late than never" right?














She is the one on the far right. Isn't she gorgeous? I mean really... isn't she?

Ok, besides being gorgeous my mom is so many things. I thought I'd list a few of my favorite things about her and hopefully she'll visit this blog soon since I don't tell her these things enough in person. Why is it always easier to write things like this down than say them?

• She is my best friend. She has been since I was a little girl. You know how most girls around the age of twelve start to not want to hang with their mom's, how they don't want to talk to them about anything? That was never me. I always talked to my mom about everything and I would rather hang with her than my friends any day.

• She is the most selfless woman ever. She is always thinking about others before herself. For example... when Derek, my younger brother was in high school, my mom would have hot pockets in the fridge for his friends because she knew they loved them. They weren't even her children but she wanted them to know she cared about them. There are a million other examples of her selflessness but that's one of my favorites.

• She's always up for anything. When we were little, if we wanted to to play in the mud or find snakes she was right there with us and then when we got older and wanted to go toiler papering with our friends she would come along and teach us how to throw the roll the best way. Whose mom does that? Mine! I love her.

• She gets along with everyone and is so super friendly. Without a doubt if you are somewhere in public with my mom she will run into someone she knows. Even if she has only met someone once if she ever happens to see them again she will run right up and say hi to them. I love this about her.

• She is an amazing Grandma. She would do anything for any one of her grandkids (see item number 2 on my list). She makes sure we skype often so we can see Owen and his new little developments and she always sings to him when we're on there. He loves it.















• She loves holidays more than anyone I've ever met. I mean she really really loves holidays. On birthdays she makes such a big deal about them to make sure you feel like you are most special person that was ever born. On every other holiday she always puts together some fun activity for the grandkids, games, treats and all. Oh and in December she always wears this super crazy Christmas sweaters. My personal fav is one she owned that had a Christmas tree with actual christmas lights that lit up on it. Hilarious.

• She is super creative. Ever since answering machines came out (I realize it's now called voicemail) she has made up answering messages to fit the seasons. They are always way funny whether she really means for them to be or not. She'll do these scary voices for Halloween and make up songs for Christmas. It's fantastic.

• She is the eternal optimist. Nothing ever gets her down or if something does, you would never ever know it. She always has a smile on her face.

• Oh, I mentioned this one up top but again, she is beautiful and she doesn't even realize it. She is super humble about it. Once I got into a four car accident in my parent's car when my mom was with me. I ran a red light and three cars hit us. It was horrible but I didn't even get a ticket because the police officers and firemen were too busy flirting with my mom to give me one. When I brought this up to her she was completley clueless to that fact. She was like "oh Britt, no way, they were just nice guys". Cute... and a little naive. Love her.
She is going to hate me for posting that picture. We had been camping for a week so neither of us are looking our most put together but I still love the pic.


Ok... so there are about a million other things I could list here but these are just a few of my favorites. I love this lady!

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

I love your mom too.
What a great woman she is.
And Britt, you are all of those things you said about your mom...beautiful, caring, fun...!
I love you both.
Happy late Mothers Day to you as well!

Ally said...

That Cheryl (hope I spelled it right) IS wonderful. Reading all of thost wonderful things that you wrote about her reminded me of you! You have SOO many of those traits too! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree does it?! Happy Mother's Day to you too Britt!

Emily H said...

You two are so much a like! I remember always laughing when I heard your answering machine. She is fantastic.

SummerV said...

She really is adorable. I remember her at the orthodontist and how sweet she is. I also remember her dressing up as a huge stuffed animal and coming to Bingham to sing happy birthday to your brother...I thought that was hilarious! Just be glad your mom wasn't also your sex ed teacher...yikes. Ha ha.

Tyanna said...

I loved this post! It is true..your Mom is seriously awesome. But like your other commenters wrote, I am going to have to agree that you are so much like her. You both make very HOT moms. Miss ya!

Sherrill Cushing said...

Hello sweet daughter... You should write the Kirby column in Florida, you are such a good writer. You made dad and I laugh. You are always so postive and look for the beauty in everything. We are so blessed to have you in our life. What a wonderful late mother's day present. Your mother's day card and the future petticure was a great mother's day present, this just added to my special day. Thank you. We are so grateful for you in our lives. We love you and can't wait to see you in a week. Yeah!!

Carrie Ann said...

I Love Sherrill! I love Sherrill! She is all you said and more!