Saturday, June 9, 2012

NYC

As I've mentioned once before, I got a new job. I started working two months ago for Delta throwing bags. It's fantastic. I get paid (hardly anything) to work out and I get free flights! And, for right now, I only work four hours a week. Totally worth it.
Since I've had the job for two months and we haven't gone anywhere, I told Tyler that we had to fly somewhere a few weeks ago just because we could. We decided that we'd fly to New York for the day on a Saturday. We wondered if flying there and back in one day was going to be too much for the kiddos but they did awesome!

We pretty much decided to make the trip about them, so when we got off the subway at Rockefeller center


we only stayed for a few minutes before we headed to the LEGO store:
Owen LOVES legos.

Next stop Time Square.
We stopped a few places along the way but most importantly, we visited the Disney Store. Can I just say that the Disney store in New York is way better than any Disney store we've ever been to in Orlando? Just sayin.
I mean look at this:
 This is Owen getting lessons on how to be the Hulk. He was a natural.


How happy was Owen about there were street performers that dress up in Elmo costumes and give hugs to little kids?

So happy.

It wouldn't be a trip to New York without a giant new york sausage from a street vendor (I know it really would be a trip to New York without it but it's something everyone should do at least once right?).
We enjoyed it thoroughly.

Next stop, Central Park.



We then headed to FAO Shwartz, because who doesn't want to do this?
I did... ever since I saw BIG like twenty years ago. And guess what, it was everything I ever dreamed of. All two minutes of it.

We also took some time to do some other things, like...
Meet Captain America (I know you can't tell that's what's happening here but that's the best shot Tyler got before an FAO Shwartz employee yelled at him for taking pictures... oops)
Play trains, because Owen can't pass one of these without stopping to play.
And took advantage of the reading corner.
Unfortunately, by the time we left FAO, it was time to head back to the airport.

Good bye New York City! Hope to see you again soon!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

And now you need to come back and hang out with us. Can I just say that Elmo is the least creepy of all of the ones I've seen. Most of them are so creepy looking. That disney store was pretty awesome

Drew and Michele said...

How fun! We are totally missing you guys too! We went to Disney last week for a quick trip and before we left Tanner asked who was going with us. I told him it was just us and he looked at me all sad and said, "but I really wanted Owen to go again!" We are going to have to do that again! Hope you are having fun in Utah, can't wait for you to get back!

Kira said...

FUN! That is soooo cool you get free flights! Great destination choice!

Kira said...

FUN! That is soooo cool you get free flights! Great destination choice!

* said...

That is the absolute best job in the world! How fun to be able to just go anywhere whenever you want. LUCKY GIRL!

Emily H said...

Looks like you had so much fun!

Chelsea said...

That looks like so much fun!
I love New York.
What a great job to have..totally jealous :)