Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Mmmmm... Tacos

This is my new favorite restaurant:
Is it considered a restaurant when it's served out of a truck? Either way the food here is amazing.
A few months ago our good buddy Alex infomed us that he would be opening a taco truck soon. Alex is from Mexico and is an amazing cook so when we heard this news we couldn't have been more thrilled. He's been working on the truck for the past three months and since we are lucky enough to be friends with him, he's invited us to do some taste testing.  First about a month ago. Poor Tyler was traveling and missed out on this amazing opporunity but I was there along with these people to partake.
The salsas (don't these look amazing? They were)
 
While we ate, the kids played:

 And just  hung out. Alex and Leslie's little lady is two weeks younger than Collette. Don't be creeped out by Baby Coley's (Owen's name for her) eyes. I can't figure out how to get the red out and not have them be scary white.
The point of this night was for us to give the food a try and then give feedback on how it could be improved. Can I just say that I'm the worst at giving feedback on food. I love everything, especially when it's authentic mexican food. I sat around eating everything in sight and telling them how great it all was. Jeff and Caitlin were pros though... they enjoyed the food immensely but also gave Alex some great tips on how to improve the already amazing fish and vegetarian tacos.
After the feast. 
 Can I just say these are some of my favorite Fort Laudy ladies? One of them has already left me for Utah and another is on her way out this month (Cait... just don't go!)

Fast forward two months. Leslie sent out an invitation for the "soft opening" of the truck for this past weekend. Tyler was not about to let another opportunity pass so on Saturday night we headed out with a few dollars and some big appetites. 
This is Tyler just after looking at the menu. He KNEW it was going to be good and he was right. Unfortunately, we didn't get any pics of the actual food or anyone eating but there were some pics taken of some of the great friends we hung with while gorging ourselves with tacos, burritos and quesadillas. MMMM...Yummy.

 What is James thinking here? I'm not sure but I'm guessing that he is looking at the menu and can't seem to decide what, out of all of the amazing things on the there that he'd like to order.
 Sweet Ella. The other night Owen told me this was his favorite girl friend. I can't blame him, look how darling she is.
 Lola was there for the party as well. Not to eat but just to look darling in her little Mexico onesie.
 This is how excited Tyler was after tasting just one of Taco Fresh's items. Yummy.

This truck was just doing a soft opening but soon they will be at every food truck extravaganza in Florida.  We can't wait for this day so that we can visit this place at least weekly. Can't live without those shrimp tacos now that I've tasted them. YAY for Taco Fresh!

4 comments:

r+s+a laney said...

So sad we missed this. His tacos are to.die.for!

Unknown said...

Why do all your posts make me so jealous? What fun thing to take part in. Lucky you!

cambersue said...

THat is awesome! I love taco trucks...my fav food here is out of a truck too. I'll have to take a pic for you:)

Side of Jeffrey said...

I wish they could franchise their truck and open one in Chicago. PLEASE???