Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Hooray for Family Visits!

I know I've mentioned it before but man it's rough when you've looked forward to something for SO long and then it comes and goes in one second (or what seems like a second,  even though it was seven days). Trav, Em and four of their five children came to see us last month. It was so so fantastic and we are missing them like crazy  around here. They arrived on a Wednesday night super late so we got up the next morning and decided to take it easy and just head to the beach for the day:

 Aren't they the cutest? Together for over 20 years and still so in love. 


We spent hour and hours there and I'm pretty sure that when we said it was time to head out, the kids still would have loved to stay longer. I  really love the beach. So do these people.

I also really love ice cream so that night we headed down to Las Olas to hit  up Kilwins for the good stuff:



The next morning we got up and headed to South Beach to get ourselves some tasty burgers and do some shopping. If you ever find yourselves in Miami, you should definitely hit up the Shake Shack. It is so fantastic. I promise you won't be sorry.


Later that afternoon, we decided to beach it again and headed to Miami beach for a change of scenery from the day before.



We were so exhausted that night that we just ended up chillin at home for the evening.

Saturday we got up and went to hang out with some
of these guys:


We also took the boat out so the Cushing fam could check out the everglades and one more gator.


That night we decided to show them Ft. Laudy by moonlight. The kids weren't as impressed by the giant yachts or gorgeous houses as they were by the large fish they got to feed.




On Sunday we went to church in the morning and then went straight to Orlando to spend the next couple of days at Disney! We decided to go straight to Downtown Disney for dinner with the dinosaurs and sea creatures on  Sunday night.
 How cute are these faces???



Monday we spent the day at Magic Kingdom.

 I can't get enough of this little pirate.

 Sadie was amazing to have around. She basically took care of Collette for seven days straight.

 I love this lady!


Thank goodness for Fast Passes. Those had to be the best idea ever.

Tuesday we spent the day at Animal Kingdom. It was perfect weather and there were no lines.
I love having nieces and nephews  who love rides like I do. Carter and Kate could not get enough. I also love having a brother who hates rides and wants to spend the day hanging out with our children while we were climbing Everest a million times.





That night we had to head back home.

The Cushing fam was leaving Wednesday around three and the kids hadn't had enough of the beach  so we decided to head there for a few hours before they had to fly out. 




Then it was time to say goodbye. We hated HATED to see them go.
Thanks so much for coming to Florida to see us Em, Trav and fam! We miss you so much and can't wait to see you in a couple months for Christmas!




8 comments:

Shake Shack said...

Brittany, thanks so much for visiting Shake Shack in Miami. We're thrilled you included us in your friends' visit.

Hope you had an awesome time (is there anything better than seeing out-of-town friends and family?), and our team can't wait to see you again soon at the Shack!

-Brandy, Shake Shack

Emily said...

What?!? How did Brandy know you posted about the Shake Shack? haha I hope they give you some free stuff for mentioning them ;)

We are now saying, "Guess what we were doing a month ago today?" We miss being there (and you guys) a ton! That was one of our favorite trips ever. Thanks for this awesome post and for being such accommodating, gracious, and fun hosts. Love you guys!

jos said...

Britt you are the hostess with the mostess!!! This trip looked so fun. I'm super jealous that I'm not in your family. Also a little creepy the Shake Shack is stalking your blog.

McKenzie said...

So fun! I wish we had been there to butt in on all your family fun. And totally crazy/weird that shake shack read your blog. I don't care about blog comments, but I would shout it from the rooftops how great they are if I could score some free fries!

Tyanna said...

How fun!!! I really hope with all my heart that we get our butts down there before you guys leave. We could really use the warm sunshine on our faces and the sand between our lily white toes. Love all these pics--makes me miss you all!

cambersue said...

So fun! it's the best having visitors and doing all the best things your place has to offer:)

Chelsea said...

You guys truly are amazing host.
Looks like you had so much fun. Your family is so cute, I love how close you all are.
Thanks again so much fun having us last week! We LOVED seeing you. I miss you already..

T-Fam said...

Fun! I am glad your family came it looks like you had a blast. I agree we need to play soon.