Wednesday, August 22, 2012

California Dreamin

That's what I'm doing this week. Dreaming of more California. We were there last month for a short (too short) four days for Tyler's family reunion. 
We flew in on Tuesday morning. We have been super lucky so far in flying standby (until two weeks ago, more on that later) but we did have a small hiccup when heading to California. Tyler and Owen ended up on one plane and Collette and I ended on another. We all ended up in the same place though, which was the point so totally worth not paying a dime to get there (yay for my job! Have I said that before?).
Tyler's mom's side of the family does a family reunion every three years and we always look forward to it. They are such a fun group of people. This year it was in Orange County, California over the fourth of July. I'm so bummed because we didn't have our camera (still missing) so I used my phone to take pictures but then my phone completely died and now I've got a new phone (yay!) but none of the pictures from my old phone. Below are the ones I had already sent  to myself or had other people send to me.
 Some of the fantastic things we did in California were:
A little 5K run, followed by a small town 4th of July parade and carnival. This slide was the highlight for Owen.

 The kids did bottle rockets with soda bottles.
 We had lunch at this cute little sandwich shop where they had a million different kinds of soda. We chose to purchase and try some bacon soda. I really love bacon. I DON'T love bacon soda. Don't try it.
 We had a big family game day where we did things like marshmallow shooting and a three legged race but with elbows and shoulders and a few others way fun games. We didn't win.
We also spent a day at the beach. It was a lot different than our warm south Florida beaches. Like in looking at this picture I can't even believe people are actually swimming in the freezing cold water. Still, a day at the beach is a day at the beach and we had such a great time.

We also spent a lot of time just visiting with family that we only get to see every three years. We so look forward to this whenever the Moffat reunion comes around and can't wait until the next one! 

5 comments:

RaCHeL said...

Hey Britt! Hope you don't mind I found your blog through Michele's. :) You guys do so many fun things! So jealous!

Drew and Michele said...

So Fun!! glad you had such a great time!!

Kikal said...

Wait, so are your benefits over?! Also, I'm diggin the hair. Also, I miss you.

Tyanna said...

I don't know if I told you how much I like your hair when we got to visit in June, but I do!! It looks fantastic as do you. How fun that you got to go to Orange County, love that place! And BACON SODA!!! EEEWWWW, that does not sound appetizing. It reminded me of that little saying floating around pinterest that says "If you say Beer Can with an English accent, it sounds like you are saying BACON with a Jamaican accent"....its so true! Glad you had a fantastic time!

McKenzie said...

Glad you had fun but selfishly more glad that you are back here having fun with us! Also that last pic of you is gorgeous!