Monday, June 14, 2010

The Beehive State

That's where we spent the last two weeks and guess what? Until the last night we were there, I only took a total of like three or four pictures... why is that? I have no idea, I posed that question to Tyler a couple of days ago when I realized that we had been there for ten days and the only pictures I had taken were with my phone at lagoon (IT'S WHAT FUN IS! For real, I really agree with that... it really is what fun is.)
And when we took Owen on a little go cart ride. He loved it! I think he is going to be a little adventurer; he had no fear when it came to hopping on that thing. He couldn't wait. I wasn't fast enough to get a picture while they were actually riding, but you get the idea.

Tyler thinks I didn't take more pictures because we used to live in Utah so we don't really feel like we need pictures of it. I think it's because I'm lame and just didn't really ever think about it. I must not be a true blogger yet.

Anyway, we had a fantastic time. We spent pretty much every waking moment with family and it was perfect. Well almost perfect. The two things I wanted to do the most while I was in Utah were hiking and a pedicure with mom... didn't do either of those things. We thought we'd wait until this past weekend to take a nice long hike and then it rained all weekend so we didn't get the chance. We did however make it up the canyon to take a little walk around Silver Lake. I loved it. (and I finally remembered my camera).


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Tyler and I also sold our first two babies this weekend. Ok, so they aren't really comparable to babies but we really loved them and had great memories with them the first five years of our relationship. Good bye ATV's! Oh and thanks KSL for helping us sell them in 24 hours or less. Seriously, isn't KSL great? Owen was sad to see them go. When Tyler brought them to my parents on Saturday, Owen couldn't wait to be the first to get a ride. I have a feeling that he'll be able to talk us into buying some more when we get back to Utah in a few years.

(Aren't my boys so cute?)

Like I said, the last night we were there, I finally took some pictures. My parents had the family over for a little shin dig before we left. Thanks Mom and Dad! I got quite a few pics but my favorite picture that was taken wasn't even one that I had taken. Owen's aunt Carrie sent it over today and I loved it. As you can see, he seriously could not get enough of pink fluffy salad. He's really a boy after is his dad's heart, although I don't know that Tyler has ever licked it off the table, at least not while anyone was watching.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The only other regret I had while I was there was that there wasn't enough time to see all of the friends I really wanted to see while I was in town. I figure at Christmas when we're home, we'll just have to make it happen. Maybe we’ll have to spend a month out there in December. Two weeks just wasn't long enough.

3 comments:

Tyanna said...

Britt, I miss you too!!! It looks like you guys had so much fun at Lagoon--wish we could have been there. I seriously think if Lagoon only had the Cliffhanger ride they could still use "Its what fun is" as their slogan. Thats my favorite ride of all time. I love the last pic of Owen clutching that corn on the cob & licking the table...hilarious!!! Promise if you ever come to Seattle, you'll let us know!!

Carrie Ann said...

It was way too short! I LOVED seeing you guys and just hanging out. We love you so much and miss being your friends (you know what I mean). We are going to have a FUN time at Christmas and maybe even a FUNNER time in London!

Kaesy said...

So sad we missed. LIfe is so crappy for us right now but hopefully by Christmas I'll be able to fund an hour trip's worth of gas to Salt Lake. Seriously, how pathetic are we? Miss you.